Process Capability Analysis with R
- Emilio L. CanoAffiliated withDepartment of Statistics and Operations Research, Rey Juan Carlos University
- , Javier M. MoguerzaAffiliated withDepartment of Statistics and Operations Research, Rey Juan Carlos University
- , Andrés RedchukAffiliated withDepartment of Statistics and Operations Research, Rey Juan Carlos University
Capability analysis is a very important part of the Measure phase in a Six Sigma project. It is also part of classical statistical process control. Through capability analysis we can measure how the process performance fits the customer/client requirements. These requirements must be translated into the specification limits for the characteristic of interest. Over the years, many advances have been made, especially regarding nonnormality, nonlinearity, processes with multiple characteristics, and many others. In this chapter, we will gradually go over the specifications, process performance, their relationship, and the capability indices. We will illustrate the concepts through a practical example.
- Process Capability Analysis with R
- Book Title
- Six Sigma with R
- Book Subtitle
- Statistical Engineering for Process Improvement
- pp 101-112
- Print ISBN
- Online ISBN
- Series Title
- Use R!
- Series Volume
- Springer New York
- Copyright Holder
- Springer Science+Business Media New York
- Additional Links
- Industry Sectors
- eBook Packages
To view the rest of this content please follow the download PDF link above.