Other Tools and Methodologies
In this chapter, we describe other tools and methodologies related to the topic of the book. In this way, we provide for the reader a global view of the advanced possibilities of Six Sigma and R. These tools include failure mode, effects, and criticality analysis (FMECA), design for Six Sigma (DFSS), lean, Gantt charts, and some advanced R reporting issues.
- 16.Chambers, J. M. (2008). Software for data analysis. Programming with R. Statistics and computing. Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- 46.John, A., Meran, R., Roenpage, O., Lunau, S., Staudter, C., & Schmitz, A. (2008). Six Sigma+Lean Toolset. Berlin: Springer.Google Scholar
- 50.Kelley, D. (2009). plan: Tools for project planning. http://CRAN.R-project.org/package=plan, r package version 0.3-1.
- 61.Lemon, J. (2006). Plotrix: A package in the red light district of r. R-News, 6(4), 8–12.Google Scholar
- 71.Muir, A. (2005). Lean Six sigma statistics: Calculating process efficiencies in transactional projects. Six sigma operational methods series. New York: McGraw-Hill.Google Scholar
- 111.Xie, Y. (2012). knitr: A general-purpose package for dynamic report generation in R. http://CRAN.R-project.org/package=knitr, r package version 0.1.