Hyperbolic Aspects in the Theory of the Porous Medium Equation
Percolation of gas through porous media, where m ≥ 2 [M],
Radiative heat transfer in ionized plasmas, where m ≃ 6 [ZR],
Thin liquid films spreading under gravity, where m = 4 [Bu],
Crowd-avoiding population spreading, where m>1 [GM].
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AV]D.G. Aronson-J.L. Vazquez, The porous medium equation as finite-speed approximation to a Hamilton-Jacobi equation, J. d’Analyse Nonlinéaire, to appear.Google Scholar
- [BV]Ph. Bénilan, — J.L. Vazquez, Concavity of solutions of the porous medium equation, MRC TS Report #2851, to appear in Trans. Amer. Math. Soc.Google Scholar
- [CVW]L.A. Caffarelli — J.L. Vazquez — N.I. Wolanski, Lipschitz continuity of solutions and interfaces of the N-dimensional porous medium equation, IMA Preprint Series # 191.Google Scholar
- [D]CM. Dafermos — Asymptotic behaviour of solutions of hyperbolic laws, in Bifurcation Phenomena in Mathematical Physics and related Topics, Proceedings NATO Adv Study Inst. in Cargese, Corsica, 1979, 521–533.Google Scholar
- [Kr]S.N. Kruzhkov, Generalized solutions of first order nonlinear equations in several independent variables, lap. II. Mat. Sb. 72(114) (1967), 93–116 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- [LSV]P.L. Lions, — P.E. Souganidis, — J.L. Vazquez, A degenerate viscosity approximation to the eikonal equation in several space dimensions, to appear.Google Scholar
- [O]O.A. Oleinik, Discontinuous solutions of nonlinear differential equations, Amer. Math. Soc. Transi. (2) 26 (1983), 95–172.Google Scholar
- [V2]J.L. Vazquez, Large-time behaviour of the solutions of the one-dimensional porous media equation, in Free-Boundary Problems: Theory and Applications, vol. I, A. Fasano and M. Primicerio eds., Pitman’s Research Notes in Math. # 78, 1983, 167–177.Google Scholar
- [ZR]Ya. B. Zeldovich — Yu. P. Raizer, Physics of shock-waves and high-temperature hydrodynamic phenomena, Vol. II, Academic Press, New York, 1966.Google Scholar