Part of the Springer Series in Computational Mathematics book series (SSCM, volume 19)
Nonlinear Wavelet Approximation in the Space C(Rd)
We discuss the nonlinear approximation of functions from the space C(R d ) by a linear combination of n translated dilates of a fixed function ϕ.
KeywordsBesov Space Wavelet Decomposition Nonlinear Approximation Orthogonal Wavelet Dyadic Cube
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Caveretta, W. Dahmen, and C. Micchelli, Stationary Subdivision, preprint.Google Scholar
- R. DeVore, B. Jawerth, and Brad Lucier, Surface compression, preprint.Google Scholar
- R. DeVore, B. Jawerth, and Brad Lucier, Image compression through transform coding, preprint.Google Scholar
- R. DeVore, B. Jawerth, and V. Popov Compression of wavelet decompositions, preprint.Google Scholar
- M. Frazier and B. Jawerth, A discrete transform and decompositions of distribution spaces, to appear in J. of Functional Analysis; also in MSRJ reports 00321-89, 00421-89 (1988).Google Scholar
- Y. Meyer, Ondelletes et Opérateurs, Hermann Publ., France, 1990.Google Scholar
- G. Strang and G.F. Fix, A Fourier analysis of the finite element method, In: Constructive Aspects of Functional Analysis, G. Geymonant, ed., C.I.M.E. II Cilo, 1971, pp. 793–840.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag New York, Inc. 1992