The Network Level (CONET)
CONET (Convergence Network) is the network-layer of the CONVERGENCE project. It is an Information Centric Network, which extends the CCNx one in several aspects, including routing scalability, transport mechanisms, security handling, integration with IP, etc. This section describes services and functionalities of CONET and reports some performance evaluations, carried out through laboratory and PlanetLab test-beds.
KeywordsApplication Programing Interface Information Item Serve Node Software Define Network Congestion Control Algorithm
- A. Detti, N. Blefari Melazzi, S. Salsano, M. Pomposini, “CONET: A Content Centric Inter-Networking Architecture”, ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Information-Centric Networking (ICN 2011), August 19, 2011a, Toronto, Canada.Google Scholar
- A. Detti, S. Salsano, N. BlefariMelazzi, “IPv4 and IPv6 Options to support Information Centric Networking”, Internet Draft, draft-detti-conet-ip-option-02, Work in progress, October 2011b.Google Scholar
- A. Detti, M. Pomposini, N. Blefari Melazzi, S. Salsano, “Supporting the Web with an Information Centric Network that Routes by Name”, Elsevier Computer Networks, vol. 56, issue 17, 2012a, p. 3705–3722.Google Scholar
- A. Detti, A. Caponi, N. Blefari-Melazzi,” Exploitation of Information Centric Networking Principles in Satellite Networks”, IEEE ESTEL 2012, Roma, Italy, 2-5 October 2012b.Google Scholar
- A. Detti, M. Pomposini, N. Blefari Melazzi, S. Salsano, A. Bragagnini, “Offloading cellular networks with Information-Centric Networking: the case of video streaming”, IEEE International Symposium on a World of Wireless, Mobile and Multimedia Networks 2012c.Google Scholar
- A. Detti, A. Caponi, G. Tropea, N. Blefari-Melazzi, G. Bianchi, “On the Interplay among Naming, Content Integrity and Caching in Information Centric Networks”, submitted for publication 2013, available at. http://netgroup.uniroma2.it/Andrea_Detti/papers/conferences/ICN-Naming-Signature-Caching-Interplay.pdf.
- A. Ghodsi, T. Koponen, B. Raghavan, S. Shenker, A. Singla, and J. Wilcox, “Information-Centric Networking: Seeing the Forest for the Trees”, in Proc. of the 10th ACM Workshop on Hot Topics in Networks (HotNets-X), November 14-15, 2011, Cambridge, MACambridge, Massachusetts.Google Scholar
- A. Kuzmanovic, E.W. Knightly. “Receiver-Centric Congestion Control with a Misbehaving Receiver: Vulnerabilities and End-point Solutions”, Elsevier Computer Networks. 2007, 51, 2717–2737.Google Scholar
- CCNx project web site: http://www.ccnx.org.
- D. Cheriton, M. Gritter, “TRIAD: a scalable deployable NAT-based internet architecture”, Technical Report (2000).Google Scholar
- D. Perino, M. Varvello, “A Reality Check for Content Centric Networking”, ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Information-Centric Networking (ICN 2011), August 19, 2011, Toronto, Canada.Google Scholar
- D. Smetters, V. Jacobson: “Securing Network Content”, PARC technical report, October 2009.Google Scholar
- D. Trossen, M. Sarela, and K. Sollins: “Arguments for an information-centric internetworking architecture” SIGCOMM Computer Communication Review, vol. 40, pp. 26-33, 2010.Google Scholar
- K. Changhoon, M. Caesar, A. Gerber, and J. Rexford. “Revisiting route caching: The world should be flat.” Passive and Active Network Measurement (2009): 3-12.Google Scholar
- L. Chiariglione, A. Difino, N. Blefari Melazzi, S. Salsano, A. Detti, G. Tropea, A. C. G. Anadiotis, A. S. Mousas, I. S. Venieris, C. Z. Patrikakis: “Publish/Subscribe over Information Centric Networks: a Standardized Approach in CONVERGENCE”, Future Network & Mobile Summit 2012, 4 - 6 July 2012, Berlin, Germany.Google Scholar
- L. Galluccio, G. Morabito, S. Palazzo, “Caching in information-centric satellite networks”, IEEE ICC 2012, June 2012, Ottawa, Canada.Google Scholar
- L. Popa, A. Ghodsi, and I. Stoica. 2010 “HTTP as the narrow waist of the future internet”, in Proceedings of the 9th ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Hot Topics in Networks (Hotnets-IX). ACM, New York, NY, USA.Google Scholar
- N. Blefari-Melazzi, A. Detti, G. Morabito, S. Salsano, L. Veltri,” Supporting Information-Centric Functionality in Software Defined Networks”, IEEE International Conference on Communications (ICC 2012a).Google Scholar
- N. Blefari Melazzi, A. Detti, M. Pomposini, S. Salsano: “Route discovery and caching: a way to improve the scalability of Information-Centric Networking”, IEEE Global Communications Conference 2012, Anaheim, California, Dec., 3-7 2012b.Google Scholar
- N. Blefari Melazzi, A. Detti, M. Pomposini, “Scalability Measurements in an Information-Centric Network”, Measurement-based experimental research: methodology, experiments and tools”, Springer Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS), vol. 7586, 2012c.Google Scholar
- N. McKeown, T. Anderson, H. Balakrishnan, G. Parulkar, L. Peterson, J. Rexford, S. Shenker, and J. Turner, “OpenFlow: Enabling Innovation in Campus Networks”. White paper. March 2008 (available at: http://www.openflow.org).
- Patrick Th. Eugster, Pascal A. Felber, Rachid Guerraoui, and Anne-Marie Kermarrec. “The many faces of publish/subscribe”, ACM Comput. Surv. 35, 2 (June 2003), 114-131.Google Scholar
- S. Salsano, A. Detti, M. Cancellieri, M. Pomposini, N. Blefari Melazzi, “Transport-layer issues in Information Centric Networks”, ACM SIGCOMM Workshop on Information-Centric Networking (ICN 2012), August 17, 2012, Helsinki, Finland.Google Scholar
- T. Koponen, M. Chawla, B.G. Chun, A. Ermolinskiy, Kye Hyun Kim, S. Shenker, I. Stoica: “A data-oriented (and beyond) network architecture”, Proc. of ACM SIGCOMM 2007, August 27-31, Kyoto, Japan.Google Scholar
- V. Jacobson, et al. ”Networking named content”, in Proc. of ACM CoNEXT 2009a, December 1-4. Rome, Italy.Google Scholar
- V. Jacobson, et al. “VoCCN: voice over content-centric networks”, Proceedings of the 2009 Workshop on Re-architecting the Internet (ReArch 2009); 2009 December 1-4; Rome, Italy. NY: ACM; 2009b.Google Scholar
- X. Zhao, D. J. Pacella, and J. Schiller, “Routing Scalability: An Operator’s View”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in communications, vol. 28, no. 8, October 2010.Google Scholar