Establishing a Medical Blog
Social media brought a new concept into the online world as users became able to contribute content to websites. One of the first platforms that made this possible was called a blog. A blog is a website with regular entries of commentary or other materials such as graphics or video displayed in a reverse chronological order. The term blog was first used by Jorn Barger in 1997 from the words we – blog or web – log.
KeywordsOnline World Reverse Chronological Order Building Credibility Registration Page Regular Entry
- 1.Jorn Barger. Weblog. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorn_Barger#Weblog. Accessed 28 Jan 2013.
- 2.Editorial. It’s good to blog. Nature. 2009;457:1058.Google Scholar
- 3.MLA Works Cited: Electronic Sources (Web Publications). http://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/747/08/. Accessed 28 Jan 2013.
- 5.Grand Rounds. http://getbetterhealth.com/grand-rounds. Accessed 28 Jan 2013.
- 6.My Son, the Blogger: An M.D. Trades Medicine for Apple Rumors. http://www.nytimes.com/2008/07/21/technology/21blogger.html?_r=1&oref=slogin. Accessed 28 Jan 2013.
- 7.Interview with Dr. Flea. http://scienceroll.com/2010/11/22/interview-with-dr-flea/. Accessed 28 Jan 2013.
- 8.Russia: Blogger Arrested For Pneumonic Plague Rumors. http://advocacy.globalvoicesonline.org/2009/12/04/russia-blogger-arrested-for-pneumonic-plague-rumors/. Accessed 28 Jan 2013.
- 9.As A Busy Physician, Why Do I Even Bother Blogging? http://fauquierent.blogspot.hu/2010/09/as-busy-physician-why-do-i-even-bother.html. Accessed 28 Jan 2013.