A Supply Chain Operations Lot-Sizing and Scheduling Model with Alternative Operations
The aim of this paper is to propose an mixed integer linear programming (MILP) model for operations lot-sizing and scheduling (assignment and sequencing) in the supply chain of an international company which produces and delivers customized products through several geographically distributed assembly plants. The model schedules the purchase of raw materials in the various plants considered, the transshipments, shipments to customers and the various operations to assemble the product. The model considers different alternative production operations such as product substitution (upgrading), alternative procurement and transport operations. It also addresses the different lead times associated with these operations. Specific constraints such as space availability on each plant and workforces are contemplated. A novel approach based on the stroke concept is applied to the MILP model to model alternatives.
- Garcia-Sabater JP, Maheut J, Garcia-Sabater JJ (2009a) A capacited material requierements planning model considering delivery constraints. In: 3rd international conference on industrial engineering and industrial management. pp 793–803Google Scholar
- Garcia-Sabater JP, Maheut J, Garcia-Sabater JJ (2009b) A capacited material requierements planning model considering delivery constraints: a case study from the automotive industry. In: 39th international conference on computers and industrial engineering. pp 378–383Google Scholar
- Lloret J, Garcia-Sabater JP, Marin-Garcia J (2008) Cooperative multisite production re-schedulingGoogle Scholar
- Mula J, Maheut J, Garcia-Sabater JP (2011) Mathematical modelling for supply chain configuration. In: Brennan. Christopher R (ed) Mathematical modelling. Nova Science Publisher, New YorkGoogle Scholar
- Pantelides CC (1994) Unified frameworks for the optimal process planning and scheduling. In: Proceedings of the 2nd Conference on the Foundations of Computer Aided Operations. 253–274Google Scholar