Visualizing RDF Documents
The Semantic Web (SW) is an extension to the current Web, enhancing the available information with semantics. RDF, one of the most prominent standards for representing meaning in the SW, offers a data model for referring to objects and their interrelations. Managing RDF documents, however, is a task that demands experience and expert understanding. Tools have been developed that alleviate this drawback and offer an interactive graphical visualization environment. This paper studies the visualization of RDF documents, a domain that exhibits many applications. The most prominent approaches are presented and a novel graph-based visualization software application is also demonstrated.
- 1.Berners-Lee, T., Hendler, J., Lassila, O.: The Semantic Web. Scientific American, 284(5), pp. 34–43 (2001)Google Scholar
- 2.Herman, I., Swick, R., Brickley, R.: Resource Description Framework (RDF). http://www.w3.org/RDF/, last accessed: 4 November 2008
- 5.Frasincar, F., Telea, A., Houben, G. J.: Adapting Graph Visualization Techniques for the Visualization of RDF Data. Visualizing the Semantic Web, pp. 154–171 (2006)Google Scholar
- 6.Pietriga, E.: IsaViz: A Visual Environment for Browsing and Authoring RDF Models. Proc. 11th World Wide Web Conference (Developer's day), Hawaii, USA (2002)Google Scholar
- 7.Sayers, C.: Node-Centric RDF Graph Visualization. Technical Report HPL-2004-60, HP Laboratories, Palo Alto (2004)Google Scholar
- 8.Fallenstein, B.: Fentwine: A Navigational RDF Browser and Editor. Proc. 1st Workshop on Friend of a Friend, Social Networking and the Semantic Web, Galway (2004)Google Scholar