Modeling AADL Data Communications with UML MARTE
The emerging OMG UML Profile for Modeling and Analysis of Real-Time Embedded systems (MARTE) aims, amongst other things, at providing a referential Time Model subprofile where semantic issues can be explicitly and formally described. As a full-size exercise we deal here with the modeling of immediate and delayed data communications in AADL. It actually reflects an important issue in RT/E model semantics: a propagation of immediate communications may result in a combinatorial loop, with ill-defined behavior; introduction of delays may introduce races, which have to be controlled. We describe here the abilities of the MARTE time model in this respect.
KeywordsMARTE UML AADL Timed MoCC
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.André C., Mallet F., de Simone R. (2007): Modeling Time(s). Springer LNCS 4735:559–573.Google Scholar
- 3.Cohen A., Duranton M., Eisenbeis C., Pagetti C., Plateau F., Pouzet M. (2006): N-synchronous Kahn Networks: A Relaxed Model of Synchrony for Real-time Systems. Conference Record of the ACM Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, pp. 180–193Google Scholar
- 4.Feiler P.H., Gluch D.P., Hudak J.J., Lewis B.A. (2004): Embedded System Architecture Analysis Using SAE AADL. Carnegie Mellon University, Technical Note CMU/SEI-2004-TN-005, June 2004. http://www.sei.cmu.edu/pub/documents/04.reports/pdf/04tn005.pdf
- 5.OMG: UML profile for Modeling and Analysis of Real-Time and Embedded systems (MARTE), beta 1, August 2007, Document ptc/07–08-04. http://www.omg.org/docs/ptc/07–08-04.pdf
- 6.OMG: Object Constraint Language (OCL), OMG Available Specification, Version 2, May 2006, Document formal/06–05-01. http://www.omg.org/docs/formal/06–05-01.pdf
- 7.SAE: Architecture Analysis and Design Language (AADL). June 2006, Document AS5506/1. http://www.sae.org/technical/standards/AS5506/1