Part of the Technical and Vocational Education and Training: Issues, Concerns and Prospects book series (TVET, volume 8)
Intercultural Education: Promoting Sustainability in Education and Training
KeywordsSustainable Development Immigration Policy Multicultural Education Critical Pedagogy Multicultural Society
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Alexander, M. (2001) Tel Aviv: migrants: city copes with a different type of migrant, in Rogers, A. and Tillie, J. (eds) Multicultural Policies and Modes of Citizenship in European Cities, pp. 199–223. Ashgate: Aldershot.Google Scholar
- Azizi, N. and Lasonen, J. (2006) Education, Training and the Economy: Preparing Young People for a Changing Labour Market. Institute for Educational Research, University of Jyväskylä: Jyväskylä.Google Scholar
- Batelaan, P. and Gundara, J. (1991) Intercultural education: selected bibliography. Bulletin of the International Bureau of Education, 65(260): 7–86.Google Scholar
- Bennett, J.M. and Bennett, M.J. (2004) Developing intercultural sensitivity: an integrative approach to global and domestic diversity, in Landis, D., Bennett, J.M. and Bennett, M.J. (eds) Handbook of Intercultural Training, pp. 147–184. 3rd edn. Sage: Thousand Oaks, CA.Google Scholar
- Fullan, M. (2005) Leadership and Sustainability: System Thinkers in Action. Corwin Press: Thousand Oaks, CA.Google Scholar
- Giroux, H. (1996) Fugitive Cultures. Routledge: New York and London.Google Scholar
- Giroux, H. (2000) Impure Acts: The Practical Politics of Cultural Studies. Routledge: New York and London.Google Scholar
- Hyytiäinen, J., Hämeenoja, E., Hänninen, T., Leinonen, E. and Tenhunen, R. (1999) Kestävä kehitys oppilaitoksissa. – Ekoauditoinnin opas [Sustainable development in educational institutions – Eco auditing instructions]. Opetushallitus: Helsinki.Google Scholar
- ILO (2005) Key Indicators of the Labour Market. 4th edn. [CD-Rom]. ILO: Geneva.Google Scholar
- Lasonen, J. (1998) Finding new strategies for post-16 education to promote parity of esteem between vocational and general education, in Dietzen, A. and Kuhn, M. (eds) Building a European Co-operative Research Tradition in Vocational Education and Training, pp. 85–95. BIBB, Bundesinstitut für Berufsbildung: Berlin.Google Scholar
- Lasonen, J. (2003) Interculturalization through music teaching. Line Lifelong Learning in Europe, 8(2): 10–16.Google Scholar
- Lasonen, J. (2004) Poverty and powerlessness in Ethiopia: shaping gender equity through technical, vocational education and training, in Lakes, R. D. and Carter, P.A. (eds) Globalizing Education for Work: Comparative Perspectives on Gender and the New Economy, pp. 97–110. Lawrence Erlbaum Associates: Hillsdale, NJ.Google Scholar
- Lasonen, J. and Bhalalusesa, E. (2006) Girls’ educational participation in Ethiopia and Tanzania, in Sempruch, J., Willems, K. and Shook, L. (eds) Multiple Marginalities: An Intercultural Dialogue on Gender in Education. Helmer Verlag: Korbach.Google Scholar
- Lasonen, J. and Manning, S. (2000) Transnational comparisons of parity of esteem between vocational and general education. International Journal of Vocational Education and Training, 8 (1–2): 7–21.Google Scholar
- McLaren, P. (1998) Life in Schools: An Introduction to Critical Pedagogy in the Foundations of Education. Longman: New York.Google Scholar
- McLaren, P. (2000) Che Guevara, Paolo Freire and the Pedagogy of Revolution. Rowman and Littlefield: Lanham, MD.Google Scholar
- Mall, R.A. (2000) Intercultural Philosophy. Rowman and Littlefield Publishers: Oxford.Google Scholar
- Ministry of Education (2006) Sustainable Development in Education; Implementation of Baltic 21E Programme and Finnish Strategy for the Decade of Education for Sustainable Development (2005–2014). Helsinki University Press: Helsinki. http://www.nachhaltigkeit.at/monthly/2006-12/pdf/tr07.pdf. Accessed 17 April 2007.
- Ministry of Labour (2006) Työryhmän ehdotus maahanmuuttopoliittiseksi ohjelmaksi [Proposal for immigration policy]. Ministry of Labour: Helsinki.Google Scholar
- National Board of Education (2003) Koulujen ja oppilaitosten ympäristökriteerit [The criteria of sustainable development for schools and colleges]. Edita Prima Oy: Helsinki.Google Scholar
- Rajakorpi, A. and Rajakorpi, H. (eds) (2001) Sustainable Development in Schools and Educational Institutions: Evaluations 7/2001. National Board of Education: Helsinki.Google Scholar
- Rogers, A. and Tillie, J. (eds) (2001) Multicultural Policies and Modes of Citizenship in European Cities. Ashgate: Aldershot.Google Scholar
- Statistics of Finland (2005) Population Statistics. Government of Finland: Helsinki.Google Scholar
- UN (2006) Trend in Total Migrant Stock: The 2005 Revision. (POP/DB/MIG/Rev. 20005) UN Population Division: New York.Google Scholar
- UNDP (2004) Human Development Report 2004: Cultural Liberty in Today’s Diverse World. UNDP: New York.Google Scholar
- UNECE (n.d.) Home page. www.unece.org. Accessed 17 April 2007.Google Scholar
- UNESCO (2005) United Nations Decade of Education for Sustainable Development 2005–2014. Draft International Implementation Scheme. http://www.unesco. org/education/desd. Accessed 17 April 2007.
- UNESCO (2006) UNESCO Guidelines on Intercultural Education. Division for the Promotion of Quality Education, UNESCO Section of Education for Peace and Human Rights: Paris.Google Scholar
- UNESCO–UNEVOC International Centre (2005) Orienting Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET) for Sustainable Development: A Discussion Paper. UNESCO–UNEVOC: Bonn.Google Scholar
- UNHCR (2005) Refugees by Numbers. Media Relations and Public Information Services: Geneva.Google Scholar
- Women Watch (2006) Women and Poverty. Directory of UN Resources on Gender and Women’s Issues. http://www.un.org/womenwatch/[Retrieved 17 April 2007].
© Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2009