Cloud Microphysical Properties Retrieval During Intense Biomass Burning Events Over Africa and Portugal
Part of the Advances In Global Change Research book series (AGLO, volume 28)
- 1.3k Downloads
KeywordsEffective Radius Water Cloud Cloud Property Aerosol Layer Total Ozone Mapping Spectrometer
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Keil, A. and J. M. Haywood, 2003: Solar radiative forcing by biomass burning aerosol particles during SAFARI 2000: A case study based on measured aerosol and cloud properties. J. Geophys. Res., 108, doi: 10.1029/2002JD002315.Google Scholar
- King, M. D., S.-C Tsay, S. Platnick, M. Wang, and K. N. Liou, 1998: Cloud retrieval algorithms for MODIS: optical thickness, effective particle radius, and thermodynamic phase. ATBD Reference Number: ATBD-MOD-05.Google Scholar
- McClatchey, R. A., W. Fenn, J. E. A. Selby, F. E. Volz, and J. S. Garing, 1971: Optical properties of the Atmosphere, AFCRL-TR- 71-0279, Enviro. Research papers, No 354, Air Force Cambridge Research Laboratories, Hanscom AFB, Bedford, MA, 85 pp.Google Scholar
- McGill, M. J., D. L. Hlavka, W. D. Hart, E. J. Welton, and J. R. Campbell, 2003: Airborne lidar measurements of aerosol optical properties during SAFARI 2000. J. Geophys. Res., doi: 10.1029/2002JD002370.Google Scholar
- Swap, R. J., H. J. Annegarn, J. T. Suttles, M. D. King, S. Platnick, J. L. Privette, and R. J. Scholes, 2003: Africa burning: A thematic analysis of the Southern African Regional Science Initiative (SAFARI 2000). J. Geophys. Res., 108, doi: 10.1029/2003JD003747.Google Scholar
- Twomey, S., 1974: Pollution and the planetary albedo. Atmos. Res., 8, 1251-1256.Google Scholar
© Springer 2007