Automatic Interface Generation Through Interaction, Users, and Devices Modeling
We present a system for designing Internet based applications that automatically adapt to different devices. We define a model that describes the user interaction in terms of elementary input/output actions. Then, we model devices to implements the user interaction in a multi-device context. Finally, we model users, to further adapt the interface
KeywordsAdaptive interfaces Internet based applications User modeling
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Basu, C., Hirsh, H., and Cohen, W., Recommendation as Classification: Using Social and Content-based Information in Recommendation, in Proc. of 15th National/10th Conf. on Artificial Intelligence/Innovative applications of Artificial Intelligence AAAI’98 (Madison, 26–30 July 1998), American Association for Artificial Intelligence, Menlo Park, 1998, pp. 714–720.Google Scholar
- Bertini, E., and Santucci, G., Modelling User-system Data Exchange to Design Adaptive Interfaces, in G. Calvary, G. Santucci (eds.), Proc. of Int. Workshop on Plastic Services for Mobile Devices PSMD’2005 (Rome, 12 September 2005), 2005, accessible at http://www.dis.uniroma1.it/~psmd05/papers/007.pdf.
- Calì, A., Calvanese, D., Colucci, S., Di Noia, T., and Donini, F.M., A Logic-based Approach for Matching User Profiles, in Proc. of 8th Int. Conf. on Knowledge-Based Intelligent Information & Engineering Systems KES’2004 (Wellington, 22–24 September 2004), Part III, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 3215, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2004, pp. 187–195.Google Scholar
- Eisenstein, J., Vanderdonckt, J., and Puerta, A., Applying Model-Based Techniques to the Development of User Interfaces for Mobile Computers, in Proc. of the 6th Int. Conf. on Intelligent User Interfaces IUI’2001 (Santa Fe, 14–17 July 2001), ACM Press, New York, 2001, pp. 69–76.Google Scholar
- Gajos, K., and Weld, D.S., Supple: Automatically Generating User Interfaces, in Proc. of the 9th Int. Conf. on Intelligent User Interfaces IUI’2004 (Funchal, 13–16 January 2004), ACM Press, New York, 2004, pp. 93–100.Google Scholar
- McDonald, D.W., and Ackermann, M.S., Expertise Recommender: A Flexible Recommendation System and Architecture, in Proc. of ACM Conf. on Computer-Supported Cooperative Work CSCW’2000 (Philadelphia, 2–6 December 2000), ACM Press, New York, 2000, pp. 231–240.Google Scholar
- Mori, G., Paternò, F., and Santoro, C. Tool Support for Designing Nomadic Applications, in Proc. of the 8th ACM Int. Conf. on Intelligent User Interfaces IUI’2003 (Miami, 12–15 January 2003), ACM Press, New York, 2003, pp. 141–148.Google Scholar
- Puerta, A., and Eisenstein, J., Towards a General Computational Framework for Model-based Interface Development Systems, in Proc. of the 4th ACM Int. Conf. on Intelligent User Interfaces IUI’1999 (Los Angeles, 5–8 January 1999), ACM Press, New York, 1999, pp. 171–178.Google Scholar
- Vanderdonckt, J., and Bodart, F., Encapsulating Knowledge for Intelligent Automatic Interaction Objects Selection, in Proc. of the ACM Conf. on Human Factors in Computing Systems INTERCHI’93 (Amsterdam, 24–29 April 1993), ACM Press, New York, 1993, pp. 424–429.Google Scholar