A System to Support Publishing, Editing, and Creating Web Content for Various Devices
One of the main goals of the Internet is to disseminate information, which grows fast and the need to maintain it up-to-date is fundamental. The advent of mobile devices and the growth of resources for these devices, as a way to access the Internet, are re-directing software companies to design multi-device user interfaces to disseminate information. There is a challenge in this situation: how to update information on the Internet in an easy and fast manner, and also that can be accessed through various devices? This research consists in developing a system to support the publication and edition of content for the web, which includes a flow of activities that makes it possible to create this content to various devices
KeywordsContent Management Design Patterns User Interface Design
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ali, M.F., Perez-Quiñones, M.A., and Abrams, M., Building Multi-Platform User Interfaces with UIML, in A. Seffah, H. Javahery (eds.), « Multiple User Interfaces - Cross-Platform Applications and Context-Aware Interfaces », John Wiley & Sons, New York, November 2003, pp. 95–118.Google Scholar
- Appleton, B., Patterns and Software: Essential Concepts and Terminology, 2000, accessible at http://www.cmcrossroads.com/bradapp/docs/patterns-intro.html.
- Bailey, B.P., and Konstan, J.A., Are Informal Tools Better? Comparing DEMAIS, Pencil and Paper, and Authorware for Early Multimedia Design, in Proc. of the ACM Conf. on Human Factors in Computing Systems CHI’2003 (Ft. Lauderdale, 5–10 April 2003), ACM Press, New York, 2003, pp. 313–320.Google Scholar
- Bass, L., Little, R., Pellegrino, R., Reed, S., Seacord, R., Sheppard, S., and Szczur, M.R., The Arch model: Seeheim revisited (version 1.0): The UIMS Developers Workshop (April 1991), SIGCHI Bulletin, Vol. 24, No. 1, 1992.Google Scholar
- Buschmann, F., Meunier, R., Rohnert, H., Sommerlad, P., and Stal, M., Pattern-Oriented Software Architecture: A System of Patterns, John Wiley & Sons Ltd., 1998.Google Scholar
- Calandra Soluções, 2005, accessible at http://www.calandra.com.br.
- Content – Gerência de Conteúdo, 2005, accessible at http://www.content.com.br/indexcontent.asp.
- Coyette, A., and Vanderdonckt, J., A Sketching Tool for Designing Anyuser, Anyplatform, Anywhere User Interfaces, in Proc. of 10th IFIP TC 13 Int. Conf. on Human-Computer Interaction INTERACT’2005 (Rome, 12–16 September 2005), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 3585, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2005, pp. 550–564.Google Scholar
- Javahery, H., Seffah, A., Engelberg, D., and Sinnig, D., Migrating User Interfaces Across Platforms Using HCI Patterns, in A. Seffah, H. Javahery (eds.), “ Multiple User Interfaces - Cross-Platform Applications and Context-Aware Interfaces ”, John Wiley & Sons, New York, November 2003, pp. 241–259.Google Scholar
- Lin, J., and Landay, J., Damask: A Tool for Early-Stage Design and Prototyping of Multi-Device User Interfaces, in Proc. of the 8th Int. Conf. on Distributed Multimedia Systems VC’2002 (San Francisco, 26–28 September 2002), 2002, pp. 573–580.Google Scholar
- Mattos, F., Maia, M., and Furtado, E., Formação Docente em Processos Colaborativos Online: Em Direção a Novos “Círculos de Cultura”?, in Proc. of IX WIE - Workshop de Informática na Escola SBC’2003, 2003.Google Scholar
- Mori, G., Paternò, F., and Santoro, C., Tool Support for Designing Nomadic Applications, in Proc. of ACM Conf. on Intelligent User Interfaces IUI’2003 (Miami, 12–15 January 2003), ACM Press, New York, 2003, pp. 141–148.Google Scholar
- OpensourceCMS, 2005, accessible at http://www.opensourcecms.com.
- Puerta, A.R., and Eisenstein, J., XIML: A Multiple User Interface Representation Framework for Industry, in A. Seffah, H. Javahery (eds.), “ Multiple User Interfaces - Cross-Platform Applications and Context-Aware Interfaces ”, John Wiley & Sons, New York, November 2003, pp. 119–148.Google Scholar
- Seffah, A., Radhakrishan, T., and Canals, G., Multiple User Interfaces over the Internet: Engineering and Applications Trends, in Proc. of the IHM-HCI’2001 Workshop: French/British Conf. on Human Computer Interaction, Lille, 10–14 September 2001.Google Scholar
- Silva, M.M., Sistema de Apoio à Publicação e Edição de Conteúdo Web para Diversos Dispositivos Utilizando Padrões, Dissertação defendida no MIA, Universidade de Fortaleza, Fortaleza, 2005.Google Scholar
- Sousa, K., Mendonça, H., and Furtado, E., UPi – A Software Development Process Aiming at Usability, Productivity and Integration, in Proc. of the 2005 Latin American Conf. on Human-computer interaction CLIHC’2005 (Cuernavaca, 23–26 October 2005), ACM Int. Conf. Proceeding Series, Vol. 124, ACM Press, New York, 2005, pp. 76–87.Google Scholar
- Vanderdonckt, J., A MDA-Compliant Environment for Developing User Interfaces of Information Systems, in O. Pastor, J. Falcão e Cunha (eds.), Proc. of 17th Conf. on Advanced Information Systems Engineering CAiSE’05 (Porto, 13–17 June 2005), Lecture Notes in Computer Science, Vol. 3520, Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 2005, pp. 16–31.Google Scholar