II.1 Magnesium diboride and the two-band scenario
We investigate properties of nanosize two-gap superconductivity by using a twosublevel model in the framework of a mean field approximation. A model corresponding to a nanosize two-gap superconductivity is presented, and the partition function of the nanosize system is analytically derived by using a path integral approach. A definition of the critical level spacing of the two-gap superconductivity is also presented, and we discuss condensation energy and parity gap of the two-gap superconductivity in relation to the size dependence of those properties with two bulk gaps and effective pair scattering process between two sublevels.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Kawabe, H., Nagao, H. and Kruchinin, S. P., to appear.Google Scholar
- Kruchinin, S. P. and Nagao, H. (2005) Phys. Particle Nuclei, 36 Suppl., S127.Google Scholar
- Moskalenko, V. A. (1959) Fiz. Met. Metalloved 8, 503.Google Scholar
- Nagao, H., Yaremko, A. M., Kruchinin, S. P. and Yamaguchi, K. (2002) New Trends in Superconductivity, P155-165, Kluwer Academic Publishers.Google Scholar
- Nagao, H., Kawabe, H., Kruchinin, S. R, to appear.Google Scholar