Forms of Participation in Urban Redevelopment Projects
The differing roles of public and stakeholder Contributions to design decision making processes
KeywordsPublic Participation City Council Participatory Process Stakeholder Participation Rail Station
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Achten, H.H., 2002, “Requirements for Collaborative Design in Architecture”, in: Design and Decision Support Systems in Architecture: Proceedings of the 6 th International Conference, Ellecom, The Netherlands, Eindhoven University of Technology, pp. 1-13.Google Scholar
- Arnstein, S.R., 1969, “A Ladder of Citizen Participation”, Journal of the American Institute of Planners, July 1969, pp. 216-224.Google Scholar
- Barlow, J., 1995, Public Participation in Urban Development: the European Experience,Policy Studies Institute, London.Google Scholar
- Bishop, J. and A. Bonner, 1995, “Participation, partnership and consensus - making ‘parts’ into ‘wholes’ ”, Town and Country Planning, August 1995, pp. 209-211.Google Scholar
- Cys, J. and S. Ward, 2003, “Using the c-word:collaboration in pedagogy and practice”, Design and Research: Second international conference of the Association of Architecture Schools of Australasia, published at http://www.arbld.unimelb.edu.au/events/aasa
- Gunsteren, L.A.v, and P. v Loon, 2000, Open Design: A Collaborative Approach to Architecture, Eburon Publishers, Delft.Google Scholar
- Hillier, J., 2002, Shadows of Power: An Allegory of Prudence in Land-Use Planning. Routledge, London.Google Scholar
- Mouffe, C., 1992, Dimensions of Radical Democracy, Pluralism, Citizenship and Community. Verso Publishers, London.Google Scholar
- Papastergiadis, N., 2004, “Creative Practice and Critical Thinking”, in: Wissler, R., B. Haseman, S. Wallace, and M. Keane, Innovation in Australian Arts, Media, Design: fresh challenges for the tertiary sector, Post Pressed, Australia, pp. 159-170.Google Scholar
© Springer 2006