Part of the Focus on Biotechnology book series (FOBI, volume 6)
Oxygen Transport In Plant Tissue Culture Systems
Oxygen transport limitations
KeywordsMass Transfer Coefficient Root Culture Oxygen Transfer Oxygen Transport Plant Tissue Culture
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Curtis, W.R. (2005) Application of bioreactor design principles to plant micropropagation. Invited contribution, 1st Int. Symp. on Liquid Systems for In Vitro Mass Propagation of Plants. Kluwer Academic Publishers, The Netherlands; (in press).Google Scholar
- Singh, G. and Curtis, W.R. (1994) Reactor design for plant cell suspension culture. In: Shargool, P.D. and Ngo, T.T. (Eds.) Biotechnological Applications of Plant Culture. CRC Press, Boca Raton, FL; pp.153 184.Google Scholar
- Bordonaro, J.L. and Curtis, W.R. (1997) Development of a fluorescent tracer technique to evaluate mixing in plant root culture. Biotechnol. Techniques 11(8): 597-600.Google Scholar
- Buwalda, F.; Frenck, R.; Lobker, B.; Berg-De Vos, B. and Kim, K.S. (1995) EBB and flow cultivation of Chrysanthemumcuttings in different growing media. Acta Hort. 401:193-200.Google Scholar
- Tescione, L.; Asplund P. and Curtis, W.R. (1999) Reactor design for root culture: Oxygen mass transfer limitation. In: Fu, T.J.; Singh, G. and Curtis, W.R. (Eds.) Plant Cell and Tissue Culture for the Production of Food Ingredients. Kluwer Academic/Plenum Publishers, New York; pp. 139-156.Google Scholar
- Ramakrishnan, D. and Curtis, W.R. (1994) Fluid dynamic studies on plant root cultures for application to bioreactor design. In: Furusaki, S. and Ryu, D.D.Y (Eds.) Studies in Plant Science, 4: Advances in Plant Biotechnology. Elsevier, Amsterdam; pp. 281-305.Google Scholar
- Cussler, E.L. (1997) Diffusion: Mass transfer in fluid systems. 2nd Edition, Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
- Bennett, C.O. and Myers, J.E. Momentum Heat and Mass Transfer. 3rd Ed., McGraw Hill, 1982.Google Scholar
- Umbreit, W.H.; Burris, R.H. and Stauffer, J.F. (1972) Manometric and biochemical methods applicable to the study of tissue metabolism. Burgess Publishing Company, Minneapolis, MN.Google Scholar
© Springer 2008