Part of the Springer International Handbook of Research in Arts Education book series (SIHE, volume 16)
Interlude: A Story of Visual Cultural and Pedagogical Webs
KeywordsComic Book Pedagogical Site Visual Culture Free Moment Unequal Power Relationship
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Haraway, D. J. (1991). Simians, cyborgs, and women: The reinvention of nature. New York: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Olson, J. (1992). Envisioning writing: Toward the integration of drawing and writing. Portsmouth, MI: Heinemann.Google Scholar
- Olson, J., & Wilson, B. (1979) A visual narrative program: Grades 1–8. School Arts, 79 (1), 26–33.Google Scholar
- Wilson, B. (2003). Of diagrams and rhizomes: Visual culture, contemporary art, and the impossibility of mapping the content of art education. Studies in Art Education, 44 (3), 114–129.Google Scholar
- Wilson, B. (2004). Art education and intertextuality: Linking three visual cultural pedagogical sites. Journal of Research in Art and Education, 5 (2), 27–48. [Korean Society for Education through Art]Google Scholar
- Wilson, B., & Toku, M. (2004). Boys’ love, yaoi and art education: Issues of power and pedagogy. In D. Smith-Shank (Ed.), Semiotics and visual culture: Sights, signs, and significance (pp. 94–105). Reston, VA: National Art Education Association.Google Scholar
- Wilson, B., & Wilson, M. (1980). Beyond marvelous: Conventions and inventions in John Scott’s Gemini. School Arts, 80 (2), 20–26.Google Scholar
- Wilson, M., & Wilson, B. (1982a). Teaching children to draw: A guide for teachers and parents. Englewood Cliffs: Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar
- Wilson, B., & Wilson, M. (1982b). Dimensions of meaning in children’s story drawings: From theory to therapy. Art therapy: A bridge between worlds (pp. 69–80). The proceedings of the Twelfth Annual Conference of the American Art Therapy Association.Google Scholar
© Springer 2007