Part of the The Statesman’s Yearbook book series (SYBK)
Mauritania became a French protectorate in 1903 and a colony in 1920. It achieved full independence on 28 Nov. 1960. Mauritania became a one-party state in 1964.
KeywordsRepublican Party Islamic Bank Independent Candidate Chief Town Senegal River Valley
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Belvaud, C., La Mauritanie. Paris, 1992Google Scholar
- Calderini, S., et al., Mauritania. [Bibliography] ABC-Clio, Oxford and Santa Barbara (CA), 1992Google Scholar
- Pazzanita, A. G., Historical Dictionary of Mauritania. Scarecrow Press, Lanham, Maryland, 1996.—The Maghreb. [Bibliography] ABC-Clio, Oxford and Santa Barbara (CA), 1998Google Scholar
- National Statistical Office: Office National de la Statistique, BP240, Nouakchott.Google Scholar
- Website (French only): http://www.ons.mr
© Palgrave Macmillan, a division of Macmillan Publishers Limited 2007