A New Feature-Based Method for Source Camera Identification
The identification of image acquisition sources is an important problem in digital image forensics. This paper introduces a new feature-based method for digital camera identification. The method, which is based on an analysis of the imaging pipeline and digital camera processing operations, employs bi-coherence and wavelet coefficient features extracted from digital images. The sequential forward feature selection algorithm is used to select features, and a support vector machine is used as the classifier for source camera identification. Experiments indicate that the source camera identification method based on bi-coherence and wavelet coefficient features is both efficient and reliable.
KeywordsSource camera identification bi-coherence wavelet coefficients
- I. Avcibas, Image Quality Statistics and Their Use in Steganalysis and Compression, Ph.D. Dissertation, Department of Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Bogazici University, Istanbul, Turkey, 2001.Google Scholar
- P. Blythe and J. Fridrich, Secure digital camera, Proceedings of the Fourth Digital Forensic Research Workshop, 2004.Google Scholar
- C. Chang and C. Lin, LIBSVM: A Library for Support Vector Machines (www.csie.ntu.edu.tw/cjlin/libsvm).
- K. Choi, E. Lam and K. Wong, Source camera identification using footprints from lens aberration, Proceedings of the SPIE, vol. 6069, pp. 172-179, 2006.Google Scholar
- J. Fackrell and S. McLaughlin, Detecting nonlinearities in speech sounds using bi-coherence, Proceedings of the Institute of Acoustics, vol. 18(9), pp. 123-130, 1996.Google Scholar
- C. Hsu, C. Chang and C. Lin, A Practical Guide to Support Vec- tor Classification, Department of Computer Science and Information Engineering, National Taiwan University, Taipei, Taiwan (www .csie.ntu.edu.tw/∼cjlin/papers/guide/guide.pdf ), 2008.Google Scholar
- M. Kharrazi, H. Sencar and N. Memon, Blind source camera identi- fication, Proceedings of the International Conference on Image Processing, vol. 1, pp. 709-712, 2004.Google Scholar
- J. Lukas, J. Fridrich and M. Goljan, Digital “bullet scratches” for images, Proceedings of the International Conference on Image Processing, vol. 3, pp. 65-68, 2005.Google Scholar
- S. Lyu and H. Farid, Detecting hidden messages using higher-order statistics and support vector machines, Proceedings of the Fifth International Workshop on Information Hiding, pp. 340-354, 2002.Google Scholar
- T. Ng, S. Chang and Q. Sun, Blind detection of photomontage using higher order statistics, Proceedings of the International Symposium on Circuits and Systems, vol. 5, pp. 688-691, 2004.Google Scholar