Service Level Agreements in Catallaxy-Based Grid Markets
Grid computing is an important paradigm for managing computationally demanding applications composed of a collection of services. Experience of using Service Level Agreements (SLAs) within the context of a Catallaxy-enabled “proof-of-concept" prototype is described. The approach uses the Catallaxy concept to enable the dynamic discovery of services and resources. The concept of “social utility” is then used to evaluate the benefits of using the Catallaxy-based approach.
KeywordsService Level Agreements Web services Grid markets social utility economic index Catallaxy
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- O. Ardaiz, P. Artigas, T. Eymann, F. Freitag, L. Navarro, M. Reinicke, The Catallaxy Approach for Decentralized Economic-based Allocation in Grid Resource and Service Markets. In International Journal of Applied Intelligence. Special Issue on Agent based Grid Computing. Volume 25 , Issue 2, pages: 131-145, October 2006.Google Scholar
- O. Ardaiz, P. Chacin, I. Chao, F. Freitag, L. Navarro. "An Architecture for Incorporat-ing Decentralized Economic Models in Application Layer Networks", in International Workshop in Smart Grid Technologies, Utrecht, Holanda, July 25 - 29, 2005.Google Scholar
- R. Buyya, D. Abramson, J. Giddy, H. Stockinger - "Economic Models for Resource Man-agement and Scheduling in Grid Computing. In Journal of Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience (CCPE), Wiley, May 2002.Google Scholar
- T. Eymann, O. Ardaiz, M. Catalano, P. Chacin, I. Chao, F. Freitag, M. Gallegati, G. Giulioni, L. Joita, L. Navarro, D. Neumann, O. Rana, M. Reinicke, R. C. Schiaffino, B. Schnizler,W. Streitberger, D. Veit, and F. Zini - "Catallaxy based Grid markets", in Proceedings of the First International Workshop on Smart Grid Technologies (SGT05), 2005.Google Scholar
- F. A. Hayek, W. Bartley, P. Klein, B. Caldwell, The collected works of F. A. Hayek. In University of Chicago Press, 1989Google Scholar
- L. Joita, O.F. Rana, P. Chacin, I. Chao, F. Freitag, L. Navarro, O. Ardaiz - "A Catallactic Market for Data Mining Services", in International Journal of Future Generation Com-puter Systems (FGCS), Grid Computing: Theory, Methods and Applications, Volume 23, Issue 1, January 2007, ISSN 0167-739x, pages: 146-153, 2006.Google Scholar
- C. Preist, M. van Tol - "Adaptive agents in a persistent shout double auction", in Proceed-ings of the First international Conference on Information and Computation Economies (Charleston, South Carolina, United States, October 25 - 28, 1998). ICE ’98. ACM Press, New York, NY, 11-18, 1998.Google Scholar
- W. Streitberger, T. Eymann, D. Veit, M. Catalano, G. Giulioni, L. Joita, O.F. Rana -"Evaluation of Economic Resource Allocation in Application Layer Networks - A Metric Framework", in 8. Internationale Tagung Wirtschaftsinformatik - eOrganisation: Service-, Prozess-, Market-Engineering, 28 February - 2 March 2007, Karlsruhe, Germany.Google Scholar
- Web Services Agreement Specification (WS-Agreement), 14 June 2006, Grid Resource Allocation Agreement Protocol WG (GRAAP-WG). Available at (Last accessed on 30 May 2006):https://forge.gridforum.org/projects/graap-wg
- WaikatoEnvironmentforKnowledgeAnalysis.Availableat: www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/ml/weka/. Last accessed: August 2007.