Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Implementation in China: A Case Study of Legend Group
As more and more enterprises face significant growth and profitability challenges, executives are turning to formulate appropriate customer centric strategies and focus on managing customer relationships to support such initiatives. Combining information technology with relationship marketing, customer relationship management (CRM) systems provide the infrastructure that facilitates long-term relationship building with customers. However, not all firms have been successful in their CRM implementations. Many embody a complex implementation process, especially in developing countries like China. This paper examines the implementation of CRM at Legend group, a leading PC vendor in China, and summarizes the factors that lead to the success of CRM projects in China context based on the framework proposed in the paper. The results from the case study also suggest that people, technology, and business processes are all key enablers in CRM implementation.
KeywordsCRM Critical success factors Case study
- 2.J. Hahnke, The Critical phase of the CRM lifecycle: without CRM analytics, your customer won’t even know you’re there (2001). http://www.hyperion.com/crm/16536.pdf (Accessed Mar. 6, 2002).
- 3.J. Galimi, CRM IT Requirements and Strategies for Payer Organizations, in Strategic Analysis Report. eds. J. Galimi (Gartner: Stamford, CN, 2000), pp.213–230.Google Scholar
- 4.J. Karimi, T.M. Somers, and Y.P. Gupta, Impact of information technology management practices on customer service, Journal of Management Information Systems. Volume 17, Number 4, pp.125–158, (2001).Google Scholar
- 5.D.L. Goodhue, B.H. Wixom, and H.J. Watson, Realizing business benefits through CRM: Hitting the right target in the right way, MIS Quarterly Executive. Volume 1, Number 2, pp.79–94, (2002).Google Scholar
- 7.Anonymous, Legend (Lenovo) Annual/Interim report 2000–2005, Lenovo. http://www.pc.ibm.com/ww/lenovo/investor_relations.html (Accessed May 6, 2007).