A Packet Detection Algorithm for the UWB Standard ECMA 368
In this paper we present a packet detection technique developed in the context of a Italian national research project aiming at developing the “Enabling blocks for the integration in CMOS technology of a Multi-Band OFDM transceiver,” adhering to the recent ECMA 368 standard. The paper deals with the digital section of the receiver, and specifically with the identification of a low complexity packet detection technique. The chosen approach is a correlation receiver followed by a threshold comparison. Its performance is tested in a realistic scenario taking into account channel dispersion and receiver inaccuracies.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.ECMA International, ECMA 368 Standard: High rate ultra wideband PHY and MAC standard, Dec. 2005.Google Scholar
- 4.WiMedia alliance. [Online]. Available: http://www.wimedia.org
- 12.G.G.Z. Tian, “A GLRT approach to data-aided timing acquisition in UWB radios - Part I and II,” IEEE Trans. Wirel. Commun., vol. 4(5), pp. 1638-1645, 2994-3004, Nov. 2005.Google Scholar
- 15.J. Iinatti, “Perfor14. J.T. Lai, C.Y. Chu, A.Y. Wu, W.C. Chen, “A Robust Band-Tracking Packet De-tector (BT-PD) in OFDM-Based Ultra-Wideband Systems,” in SIPS 06. IEEE, Oct. 2006, pp. 165-170.mance of ds code acquisition in static and fading multipath channels,” IEE Proc. Commun., vol. 147(6), pp. 355-360, Dec. 2000.Google Scholar
- 17.V. Rizzi, “Packet detection and frame timing acquisition in UWB MB-OFDM systems,” Master’s thesis, University of Padova, Italy, Oct. 2006.Google Scholar
- 18.J. Foerster, Ed., “IEEE802.15-02/490 - Channel modeling sub-committee report final,” Tech. Rep. [Online]. Available: http://ieee802.org/15
- 19.J.J. Spilker, Digital communications by satellite. Prentice Hall, 1997.Google Scholar