The active functions of aDBS (active Database System) are currently achieved by ECA rule system. But it is difficult for EC A rules system to be analyzed and validated. And there is no perfect model today. Based on the Petri Net, This paper thinks over the character of rules system, and establishes a system model. And some behaviors are analyzed in this paper.
Key wordsaDBS ECA rules Petri Nets
- 1.Ullman. J, “Principles of Database and Knowledge-Base Systems,” Computer Science Press, Rockville, vol. 1, 1988.Google Scholar
- 2.Jennifer Widom, “The Starburst Active Database Rule System,” Knowledge and Data Engineering, pp; 583–595, March 1996.Google Scholar
- 3.Kantere, V., Kiringa, “Coordinating peer databases using ECA rules,” DBISP2P, 2003.Google Scholar
- 4.U. Dayal, “Active Database Management Systems,” In Proceedings of the Third International Conference on Data and Knowledge Bases, 1988.Google Scholar
- 5.Zimmer, A. Meckenstock and R. Unland, “Using Petri nets for rule termination analysis,” In Proceedings of the Workshop on Databases: Active and Real-Time 1996 (CIKM’96), Rockville, Maryland, 1996.Google Scholar
- 6.Chang, L. & Moskowitz, “A Study of Inference Problem in Distributed Database Systems,” to appear in Proc. of IFIP WG 11.3 2002, Cambridge, UK.Google Scholar