Security and Privacy Issues for the World Wide Web: Panel Discussion
This is the second in a series of panels at the IFIP 11.3 Working Conference on Database and Application Security. While the first panel in 1997 focussed on data warehousing, data mining and security, the panel in 1998 focussed on web security with discussions on data warehousing and data mining.
- An introduction to multidimensional database technology. KenanSystems Corporation, http://www.kenan.com/acumate/mddb_toc.htm.
- RJ Anderson. Patient Confidentiality — At Risk from NHS Wide Networking. Health Care ‘86.Google Scholar
- A Blackburn, L Fena and G Wang. A Description of the eTRUST Model. in Chapter 5, .Google Scholar
- LF Cranor. The Role of Technology in Self-regulatory Privacy Regimes. in Chapter 5, .Google Scholar
- WM Daley and L Irving. Privacy and Self-Regulation in the Information Age, US Department of Commerce, Washington, DC, June 1997.Google Scholar
- Barry Devlin. Data Warehouse from Architecture to Implementation. Addison-Wesley, 1997.Google Scholar
- Directive 95/46/EC on the Protection of Individuals With Regard to the Processing of Personal Data and on the Free Movement of such Data, 24 October 1995, European Union.Google Scholar
- E Dyson. Labeling Practices for Privacy Protection. In Chapter 5, .Google Scholar
- Electronic Privacy Information Center. Surfer Beware: Personal Privacy and the Internet. http://www.epic.org/reports/surfer-beware.html.
- Simson Garfinkel and Gene Spafford. Web Security & Commerce. O’Reilly and Associates, Inc., 1997.Google Scholar
- Jim Gray, Adam Bosworth, Andrew Layman, and Hamid Pirahesh. Data cube: A relational aggregation operator generalizing group-by, cross-tab, and sub-totals. Technical Report MSR-TR-95–22, Microsoft Research, Redmond, WA, November 1995.Google Scholar
- Venky Harinarayan, Anand Rajaraman, and Jeffrey D. Ullman. Implementing data cubes efficiently. Proc. ACM SIGMOD International Conf. on Management of Data, 1996, pages 205–216.Google Scholar
- Bill Helling. Web-site sensitivity to privacy concerns: Collecting personally identifiable information and passing persistent cookies. First Monday, 3(2), February 1998. http://www.firstmonday.dk/issues/issue3\_2/ helling/.
- LJ Hoffman and KA Metivier Carreiro. Computer Technology to Balance Accountability and Anonymity in Self-regulatory Privacy Regimes. In Chapter 5, .Google Scholar
- W. H. Inmon, J. D. Welch, and Katherine L. Glassey. Managing the Data Warehouse. John Wiley & Sons, Inc., New York, 1997.Google Scholar
- IRS Systems Security: Tax Processing Operations and Data Still at Risk Due to Serious Weaknesses, United States General Accounting Office, Washington, Document GAO/AIMD-97–49, 1997.Google Scholar
- S Jajodia. Managing Security and Privacy of Information. ACM Computing Surveys, 28 (4es), 1996.Google Scholar
- Ralph Kimball. Hackers, Crackers, and Spooks, Ensuring that Your Data Warehouse is Secure. DBMS, April 1997, pp. 14–16.Google Scholar
- I Lloyd. An outline of the European Data Protection Directive. The Journal of Information Law and Technology, 31 January 1996, http://elj.warwick.ac.uk/elj/jilt/dp/intros/.
- National Crime Information Center: Legislation Needed to Deter Misuse of Criminal Justice Information, United Stated General Accounting Office, Washington, Document GAO/T-GGD-93–41, 1993.Google Scholar
- Options for Promoting Privacy on the National Information Infrastructure, Information Policy Committee, Information Infrastructure Task Force, Washington, 1997.Google Scholar
- Arnon Rosenthal, Paul A. Dell, Pamela D. Campbell. Integrity and Security in Data Warehousing. AFCEA, 1997.Google Scholar
- Steven J. Ross. Control Issues in Data Warehousing. Infosecurity News, July/August 1996, pp. 22–24.Google Scholar
- Pierangela Samarati and Latanya Sweeney. Protecting privacy when disclosing information: k-anonymity and its enforcement through generalization and suppression. Technical Report SRI-CSL-98–03, Computer Science Lab., SRI International, March 1998.Google Scholar
- JHJ Terstegge. Personeelsinformatiesystemen en Privacybescherming. In F de Graaf e.a. (Red), Handboek Privacybescherming Persoonsregistratie, Paragraaf 2107 HD Samson, Tjeenk Willink, Alphen aan de Rijn, 1982 (Supplement 19, September 1995 ).Google Scholar
- Wet Persoonsregistrasies, Nederland, 1988.Google Scholar