Requirements Elicitation in Data Mining for Business Intelligence Projects
There are data mining methodologies for business intelligence (DM-BI) projects that highlight the importance of planning an ordered, documented, consistent and traceable requirement’s elicitation throughout the entire project. However, the classical software engineering approach is not completely suitable for DM-BI projects because it neglects the requirements specification aspects of projects. This article focuses on identifying concepts for understand DM-BI project domain from DM-BI field experience, including how requirements can be educed by a proposed DM-BI project requirements elicitation process and how they can be documented by a template set.
KeywordsGeneral Task Business Intelligence Requirement Engineer Contingency Plan Requirement Elicitation
- Chapman P, Clinton J, Keber R, Khabaza T, Reinartz T, Shearer C, Wirth R (2000) CRISP-DM 1.0 Step by step BIguide Edited by SPSS. http://www.crisp-dm.org/CRISPWP-0800.pdf Accessed 14 September 2006.
- Grosser H, Britos P, García-Martínez R (2005) Detecting Fraud in Mobile Telephony Using Neural Networks. LNAI 3533:613-615Google Scholar
- IEEE (1993) Standard IEEE 830-1993: Recommended Practice for Software Requirements Specifications. Institute of Electronic and Electrical Engineers Press.Google Scholar
- IEEE (2004) Guide to the Software Engineering Body of Knowledge. IEEE Comp. Society Press Jiang L, Eberlein A (2007) Selecting Requirements Engineering Techniques based on Project Attributes - A Case Study. 14th Annual IEEE ECBS: 269-278Google Scholar
- Maiden N, Ncube C, Robertson S (2007) Can Requirements Be Creative? Experiences with an Enhanced Air Space Management System Proceedings 29th ICSE: 632-641Google Scholar
- Pyle D (2003) Business Modeling and Business intelligence. Morgan KaufmannGoogle Scholar
- SAS (2008) SAS Enterprise Miner: SEMMA http://www.sas.com/technologies/analytics/ datamining/ miner/semma.html. Accessed 29 February 2008
- Silva F, Freire J (2003) DWARF: An Approach for Requirements Definition and Management of Data Warehouse Systems. RE'03: 75-84Google Scholar
- Solheim H, Lillehagen F, Petersen S, Jorgensen H, Anastasiou M (2005) Model-driven visual requirements engineering Proceedings RE'05:421-428Google Scholar
- Valenga F, Fernández E, Merlino H, Rodríguez D, Procopio C, Britos P, García-Martínez R (2008) Minería de Datos Aplicada a la Detección de Patrones Delictivos en Argentina. VII JIISIC'08: 31-39Google Scholar
- Winter R, Strauch B (2002) A Method for Demand-driven Information Requirements Analysis in Data Warehousing Projects. HICSS-36:231-239Google Scholar