White-Collar Crimes and the Fear of Crime: A Review
KeywordsOrganize Crime Credit Card Violent Crime Property Crime Payment Card
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Babiak, P. and Hare, R. (2006) Snakes in Suits: When Psychopaths Go to Work, New York: Harper Collins.Google Scholar
- Baum, K. (2006) Identity Theft, 2004, Washington DC: Bureau of Justice Statistics.Google Scholar
- Baum, K. (2007) Identity Theft 2005, Washington DC: Bureau of Justice Statistics. http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/pub/pdf/it05.pdf.
- Black, W. (2005) The Best Way to Rob a Bank is to Own One: How Corporate Executives and Politicians Looted the S8L Industry, Austin TX: University of Texas Press.Google Scholar
- Christie, N. (2000) Crime Control as Industry: Towards Gulags Western Style. London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Coates, J. and Herbert, J. (2008) Endogenous steroids and financial risk taking on a London trading floor, PNAS April 22, 2008. vol. 105, no. 16, 6167–6172.Google Scholar
- Computer Security Institute (2007) CSI Survey 2007. http://www.gocsi.com.
- Croall, H. (2001) White-Collar Crime. 2nd ed., Milton Keynes: Open University Press.Google Scholar
- Demos (2006) The Business of Resilience http://www.demos.co.uk/publications/thebusiness ofresilience.
- Dijk, J. van, Manchin, R., Kesteren, J. van, Nevala, S. and Hideg, G. (2007) The Burden of Crime in the European Union. http://www.gallup-europe.be/euics/Xz38/downloads/EUICS%20-% 20The%20Burden%20of%20Crime%20in%20the%20EU.pdf.
- Dorn, N. and Levi, M. (forthcoming). Private-public or public-private? Strategic dialogue on serious crime and terrorism in the EU. Security Journal.Google Scholar
- Financial Services Authority (2007) Financial Outlook, 2006, London: FSA.Google Scholar
- Gabriel, U. and Greve, W. (2003)Fear of crime: towards a psychological approach. British Journal of Criminology, 43: 600–614.Google Scholar
- Gardner, D. (2008) Risk: the Science of Politics and Fear, London: Virgin.Google Scholar
- Gill, M. (ed.) (2006) The Handbook of Security, London: Palgrave Macmillan.Google Scholar
- Goodey, J. (1998) Doing research on ‘fear of crime, boys, race and masculinities’: utilizing a feminist standpoint epistemology. International Journal of Social Research ethodology. 1(2): 137–152.Google Scholar
- Goodey, J. (2005) Victims and Victimology: Research, Policy and PracticeLondon: Pearson Education.Google Scholar
- Grabosky, P. and Smith, R. (1998)Crime in the Digital Age, London: Transaction.Google Scholar
- James, M., Graycar, A. and Mayhew, P. (2003) A safe and secure environment for older Australians. Research and public policy series no. 51. Canberra: Australian Institute of Criminology http://www.aic.gov.au/publications/rpp/51.
- Javelin Strategy and Research (2007) Identity Fraud Survey Report 2007. http://www. javelinstrategy. com/uploads/701.R 2007IdentityFraudSurveyReport Brochure.pdf.
- Kane, J. and Wall, A. (2006) The National Public Household Survey 2005, Virginia: National Center for White-Collar Crime.Google Scholar
- Jones, T. and Newburn, T. (2006a) Three Strikes and You’re Out: Exploring Symbol and Substance in American and British Crime Control Politics. British Journal of Criminology,46(5): 781–802.Google Scholar
- Jones, T. and Newburn, T. (2006b) Policy Transfer and Criminal Justice, Milton Keynes: Open University Press.Google Scholar
- Kesteren, J. van, Mayhew, P. and Nieuwbeerta, P. (2001) Criminal Victimisation in Seventeen Industrialised Countries: Key Findings from the 2000 International Crime Victims Survey. http://www.unicri.it/wwd/analysis/icvs/pdf files/key2000i/index.htm.
- Killias, M. (1990) Vulnerability: towards a better understanding of a key variable in the genesis of fear of crime. Violence Vict.5(2):97–108.Google Scholar
- Levi, M. (2001) ‘Between the risk and the reality falls the shadow’: Evidence and urban legends in computer fraud, Crime and the InternetD. Wall (ed.), London: Routledge. 44–58.Google Scholar
- Levi, M. (2006) ‘The Media Construction of Financial White-Collar Crimes’, British Journal of Criminology, Special Issue on Markets, Risk and Crime, 46: 1037–1057.Google Scholar
- Levi, M. (2008) ‘White-collar, organised and cyber crimes in the media: some contrasts and similarities’, Crime, Law and Social Change, 10.1007/s10611-008-9111-y.Google Scholar
- Levi, M. and A. Pithouse (forthcoming) White-Collar Crime and its Victims, Oxford: Clarendon Press.Google Scholar
- Levi, M., Burrows, J., Fleming, M. and Hopkins, M. with the assistance of Matthews, K. (2007a) The Nature, Extent and Economic Impact of Fraud in the UK. London: Association of Chief Police Officers. http://www.acpo.police.uk/asp/policies/Data/Fraud%20in%20the%20UK.pdf.
- Levi, M., Maguire, M. and Brookman, F. (2007b) Violent Crime. The Oxford Handbook of Criminology M.Maguire, R.Morgan and R. Reiner (eds.), Fourth Edition, Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Mann, D. and Sutton, M. (1998)‘NetCrime: more change in the organisation of thieving’, British Journal of Criminology, 38, 201–229.Google Scholar
- Mayhew, P. and van Dijk, J. (1997) Criminal Victimization in Eleven Industrialised Countries, The Hague: WODC, Ministry of Justice.Google Scholar
- Pew (2006) Are “Wired Seniors” Sitting Ducks? http://www.pewinternet.org/pdfs/PIP Wired Senior 2006 Memo.pdf.
- Pew (2007) Spam 2007 Data Memo, http://www.pewinternet.org/pdfs/PIP Spam May 2007.pdf.
- Semmens, N. (2003) Fear of Plastic Fraud. unpublished Ph.D. thesis, University of Sheffield, UK.Google Scholar
- Titus, R. and Gover, A. (2001)Personal Fraud: The Victims and the Scams. Repeat Victimization G. Farrell and K. Pease (eds.), Monsey, NJ: Criminal Justice Press.Google Scholar
- Wall, D. (2008) “Cybercrime, Media and Insecurity: The Shaping of Public Perceptions of Cybercrime”. International Review of Law, Computers and Technology, 22(1–2): 45–63.Google Scholar
- Warr, M. (2001) Fear of crime in the United States: Avenues for Research and Policy. Criminal Justice 2000, Vol.4 Measurement and Analysis of Crime and Justice: 451–489. http://www.ncjrs.gov/criminal justice2000/vol 4/04i.pdf.
- Whimster, S. (ed.) (1992) Global Finance and Urban Living: A study of Metropolitan change, London: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Wilson, D., Patterson, D., Powell, G. and Hembury, R. (2006) Fraud and technology crimes: Findings from the 2003/04 British Crime Survey, the 2004 Offending, Crime and Justice Survey and administrative sources, http://www.homeoffice.gov.uk/rds/pdfs06/rdsolr0906.pdf.
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2009