Sufficient Convergence Conditions for Certain Accelerated Successive Approximations
We have recently characterized the q-quadratic convergence of the perturbed successive approximations. For a particular choice of the parameters, these sequences resulted as accelerated iterations toward a fixed point.
We give here a Kantorovich-type result, which provides suffcient conditions ensuring the convergence of the accelerated iterates.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- I. Argyros, On the convergence of the modified contractions, J. Comp. Appl. Math., 55 (1994), 183–189.Google Scholar
- C. Brezinski, Dynamical systems and sequence transformations, J. Phys. A, 34 (2001), pp. 10659–10669.Google Scholar
- C. Brezinski and J.-P. Chehab, Nonlinear hybrid procedures and fixed point iterations, Numer. Funct. Anal. Optimiz., 19 (1998), pp. 465–487.Google Scholar
- E. CĂtinaş, Inexact perturbed Newton methods and applications to a class of Krylov solvers, J. Optim. Theory Appl., 108 (2001), 543–570.Google Scholar
- E. CĂtinaş, On accelerating the convergence of the successive approximations method, Rev. Anal. Numér. Théor. Approx., 30 (2001) no. 1, pp. 3–8.Google Scholar
- E. CĂtinaş, On the superlinear convergence of the successive approximations method, J. Optim. Theory Appl., 113 (2002) no. 3, pp. 473–485Google Scholar
- E. CĂtinaş, The inexact, inexact perturbed and quasi-Newton methods are equivalent models, Math. Comp., 74 (2005) no. 249, 291–301.Google Scholar
- J.E. Dennis, Jr., and J.J. Moré, A characterization of superlinear convergence and its application to quasi-Newton methods, Math. Comp., 28 (1974), 549–560.Google Scholar
- Şt. MĂruşter, Quasi-nonexpansivity and two classical methods for solving nonlinear equations, Proc. AMS, 62 (1977), 119–123.Google Scholar
- I. Moret, On the behaviour of approximate Newton methods, Computing, 37 (1986), pp. 185–193.Google Scholar
- J.M. Ortega, and W.C. Rheinboldt, Iterative Solution of Nonlinear Equations in Several Variables, Academic Press, New York, New York, 1970.Google Scholar
- F.A. Potra, On Q-order and R-order of convergence, J. Optim. Theory Appl., 63 (1989), 415–431.Google Scholar
- W.C. Rheinboldt, Methods for Solving Systems of Nonlinear Equations, SIAM, Philadelphia, 1998.Google Scholar
- D.A. Smith, W.F. Ford and A. Sidi, Extrapolation methods for vector sequences, SIAM Rev., 29 (1987), pp. 199–233.Google Scholar