A New Algorithm for Graph Matching with Application to Content-Based Image Retrieval
In this paper, we propose a new efficient algorithm for the inexact matching problem. The algorithm decomposes the matching process into K phases, each exploiting a different part of solution space. With most plausible parts being searched first, only a small number of phases is required in order to produce very good matching (most of them optimal). A Content-based image retrieval application using the new matching algorithm is described in the second part of this paper.
- 3.J. Liadós. Combining Graph Matching and Hough Transform for Hand-Drawn Graphical Document Analysis. http://www.cvc.mb.es/~josep/articles/tesi.html.
- 4.B. T. Messmer and H. Bunke. A New Algorithm for error-Tolerant Subgraph Isomorphism Detection, IEEE Trans on PAMI, vol. 20, no. 5, May 1998.Google Scholar
- 5.Sanfeliu and K.S. Fu, A Distance Measure Between Attributed Relational Graphs for Pattern Recognition. IEEE Trans. on SMC, vol. 13, no. 3. May/June 1983.Google Scholar
- 6.W.H. Tsai and K.S. Fu. Error-Correcting Isomorphisms of Attributed Relational Graphs for Pattern Analysis. IEEE Trans. on SMC, vol. 9, no. 12. December 1979.Google Scholar
- 7.Hausdorff. Hausdorff distance http://cgm.cs.mcgill.ca/~godfried/teaching/cg-projects/98/normand/main.html
- 8.Hlaoui and S. Wang. Graph Matching for Content-based Image Retrieval Systems. Rapport de Recherche, No. 275, Département de mathématiques et d’informatique, Université de Sherbrooke, 2001.Google Scholar
- 9.Y. Wang, K. Fan and J. Horng. Genetic-Based Search for Error-Correcting Graph Isomorphism. IEEE Trans. on SMC, Part B, vol. 27, no. 4. August 1997.Google Scholar
- 11.X. Jiang, A. Munger, and H. Bunke. On Median Graphs: Properties, Algorithms, and Applications. IEEE Trans on PAMI, vol. 23, no. 10, October 2001.Google Scholar