Compact Graph Model of Handwritten Images: Integration into Authentification and Recognition
A novel algorithm for creating a mathematical model of curved shapes is introduced. The core of the algorithm is based on building a graph representation of the contoured image, which occupies less storage space than produced by raster compression techniques. Different advanced applications of the mathematical model are discussed: recognition of handwritten characters and verification of handwritten text and signatures for authentification purposes. Reducing the storage requirements due to the efficient mathematical model results in faster retrieval and processing times. The experimental outcomes in compression of contoured images and recognition of handwritten numerals are given.
- 2.Ansorge, M., Pellandini, F., Tanner, S., Bracamonte, J., Stadelmann, P., Nagel, J.-L., Seitz, P., Blanc, N., Piguet, C.: Very Low Power Image Acquisition and Processing for Mobile Communication Devices, Proc. IEEE Int. Symp. on Signals, Circuits and Systems-SCS’2001 (2001) 289–296Google Scholar
- 4.Gazzolo, G., Bruzzone, L.: Real Time Signature Recognition: A Method for Personal Identification, Proc. Int. Conf. on Document Analysis and Recognition (1993) 707–709Google Scholar
- 5.Gilewski, J., Phillips, P., Popel, D., Yanushkevich, S.: Educational Aspects: Handwriting Recognition-Neural Networks-Fuzzy Logic, Proc. IAPR Int. Conf. on Pattern Recognition and Information Processing-PRIP’97, vol. 1 (1997) 39–47Google Scholar
- 6.Naccache, N. J., Shingal, R.: SPTA: A Proposed Algorithm for Thinning Binary Patterns, IEEE Trans. Systems. Man. Cybern., SMC-14, no. 3 (1984) 409–418Google Scholar
- 7.Popel, D., Ali Muhammed, T., Hakeem, N., Cheushev, V.: Compression of Handwritten Arabic Characters Using Mathematical Vector Model, Proc. Int. Workshop on Software for Arabic Language as a part of IEEE Int. Conf. on Computer Systems and Applications (2001) 30–33Google Scholar
- 8.Song, J., Su, F., Chen, J., Tai, C. L., Cai, S.: Line net global vectorization: an algorithm and its performance analysis, Proc. IEEE Conf. on Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition (2000) 383–388Google Scholar