A system for the automatic and real time recognition of V.L.P.'s (Vehicle License Plate).
In this work, we describe a system able to recognize the V.L.P. (Vehicle License Plate) of a car from an image of it. The system is still under development and has many practical applications. As examples, we can mention: parking accounting systems, traffic monitoring and security systems of many kinds. The system, at an experimental stage, is installed in a parking at the time of writing.
KeywordsCharacter Location White Pixel Vertical Projection Traffic Monitoring Input Character
- J. Ohya, A. Shio, S. Akamatsu. “Recognizing Characters in Scene Images”. IEEE Transactions of Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence. February 1994.Google Scholar
- N. Otsu. “A Threshold Selection Method for Gray Level Histograms”.IEEE Transactions on System, Man and Cybernetics. January 1979.Google Scholar
- G. S. D. Farrow, M. A. Ireton, C. S. Xydeas. “Detecting the Skew Angle in Document Images”. Signal Processing: Image Communication. 1994.Google Scholar
- J. L. Fernández, X. Fernández. “Un Nuevo Método para el Reconocimiento Automático de Matrículas”. Proceedings of URSI-95, Valladolid (Spain), 1995.Google Scholar
- J. R Cowell. “Syntactic Pattern Recognizer for Vehicle Identification Numbers”. Image & Vision Computing. February 1995.Google Scholar