Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 1256)
Upper bound on the communication complexity of private information retrieval
We construct a scheme for private information retrieval with k databases and communication complexity O(n 1/(2k−1) ).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Abadi, J. Feigenbaum and J. Kilian, On hiding information from an oracle, Journal of Computer and System Sciences, 39(1989), pp. 21–50Google Scholar
- 3.A. Ambainis, Upper bounds on multiparty communication complexity of shifts, Proceedings of STACS'96, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 1047(1996), pp. 631–642Google Scholar
- 4.L. Babai, P. Kimmel, S.V. Lokam, Simultaneous messages versus communication Proceedings of STACS'95, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 900(1995), pp. 361–372Google Scholar
- 5.R. Beaver, J. Feigenbaum, Hiding instances in multioracle queries, Proceedings of STACS'90, Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 415(1990), pp. 37–48Google Scholar
- 6.R. Beaver, J. Feigenbaum, J. Kilian, P. Rogaway, Security with low communication overhead, Crypto'90Google Scholar
- 7.B. Chor, O. Goldreich, E. Kushilevitz, M. Sudan, Private information retrieval, Proceedings of FOCS'95, pp. 41–50. To appear in the Journal of the ACM.Google Scholar
- 8.D. Denning, Cryptography and Data Security, Addison-Wesley, 1982Google Scholar
- 9.R. Ostrovsky, V. Shoup, Private information storage, to appear in STOC'97.Google Scholar
- 10.P. Pudlak, V. Rödl, Modified ranks of tensors and the size of circuits, Proceedings of 25-th ACM STOC, 1993, pp. 523–531. Preliminary version of .Google Scholar
- 11.P. Pudlak, V. Rödl, J. Sgall, Boolean circuits, ranks of tensors and communication complexity, to appear in SIAM J. Computing.Google Scholar
- 12.J. D. Ullman, Principles of Database Systems. 1982.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag 1997