Solving nonlinear MBPC through convex optimization: A comparative study using neural networks
Typical solutions based on nonlinear constrained optimization-based strategies are hard to find and usually demand for higher level of computation. In this paper two techniques for transforming the initial nonlinear optimization into an approximate convex optimization are presented and tested for a rigid manipulator modeled with a feedforward neural network. The results have shown that the overall performance is enhanced when performing an approximate feedback linearization.
KeywordsModel Predictive Control Feedforward Neural Network Prediction Horizon Linear Optimization Problem Predictive Control Scheme
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Botto, Miguel Ayala: Feedback linearization techniques applied to predictive control using neural networks. Control Laboratory, Department of Electrical Engineering, Delft University of Technology (1995) Internal Report R95.042Google Scholar
- 2.Braake, H.A.B. te, Botto, M. Ayala, Can, H. J. L van, Costa, J. Sá da, Verbruggen, H. B.: Constrained nonlinear model based predictive control. Submitted to 2nd Portuguese Conference on Automatic Control (1996), Oporto, PortugalGoogle Scholar
- 3.Braake, H.A.B. te, Can, H.J.L. van, Scherpen, J.M.A., Verbruggen, H. B.: Control of nonlinear chemical processes using dynamic neural models and feedback linearization. Submitted to Computers in Chemical Engineering (1995)Google Scholar
- 4.Del Re, L.: Hybrid MPC for minimum phase nonlinear plants. Proceedings of 3rd European Control Conference (1995), Rome, Italy, 3561–3566Google Scholar
- 5.Gill, P. E., Murray, W.: Numerical methods for constrained optimization. Academic Press Inc. (1974), LondonGoogle Scholar
- 6.Isidori, A.: Nonlinear Control Systems: An Introduction. Springer-Verlag (1985) Berlin, GermanyGoogle Scholar
- 7.Saint-Donat, Jean and Bhat, Naveen and McAvoy, Thomas J.: Neural net based model predictive control. International Journal of Control (1991), vol. 6, No 54, 1453–1468Google Scholar
- 8.Soeterboek, Ronald: Predictive control: a unified approach. Prentice Hall International (1992), UK, CambridgeGoogle Scholar