Cryptanalysis of McGuffin
Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 1008)
Session 8: Recent Results
This paper shows that the actual proposal for an unbalanced Feistel network by Schneier and Blaze is as vulnerable to differential cryptanalysis as the DES.
KeywordsBlock Cipher Differential Attack Data Encryption Standard Linear Cryptanalysis Differential Cryptanalysis
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- [BS90]E. Biham and A. Shamir, “Differential cryptanalysis of DES-like cryptosystems,” Journal of Cryptology, Vol. 4, No. 1, 1991, pp. 3–72.Google Scholar
- [BS91]E. Biham and A. Shamir, “Differential cryptanalysis of the full 16-round DES,” Technion Technical Report # 708, December 1991. (See also Proceedings of Crypto'92, LNCS 740, E.F. Brickell, Ed., Springer Verlag, pp. 487–496.)Google Scholar
- [FI46-77]FIPS 46, “Data Encryption Standard,” National Bureau of Standards, 1977.Google Scholar
- [KR95]B. Kaliski and M. Robshaw, “Linear cryptanalysis using multiple approximations and FEAL,” Fast Software Encryption, these proceedings, pp. 249–264.Google Scholar
- [Ma93a]M. Matsui, “Linear cryptanalysis method for DES cipher,” Advances in Cryptology, Proc. Eurocrypt'93, LNCS 765, T. Helleseth, Ed., Springer-Verlag, 1994, pp. 386–397.Google Scholar
- [Ma93b]M. Matsui, “Cryptanalysis of DES cipher (I),” December 1993, preprint.Google Scholar
- [Ma94]M. Matsui, “On correlation between the order of S-boxes and the strength of DES”, Advances in Cryptology, Proc. Eurocrypt'94, LNCS, A. De Santis, Ed., Springer-Verlag, to appear.Google Scholar
- [Ny95]K. Nyberg, “S-boxes and round functions with controllable linearity and differential uniformity,” Fast Software Encryption, these proceedings, pp. 111–130.Google Scholar
- [SB95]B. Schneier and M. Blaze, “The MacGuffin block cipher algorithm,” Fast Software Encryption, these proceedings, pp. 97–110.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1995