On liveness in Extended Non Self-Controlling Nets
For several years, research has been done to establish relations between the liveness of a net and the structure of the underlying graph. This work has resulted in the proposition of polynomial algorithms to check liveness for particular classes of nets. In this paper, we present Extended Non Self-Controlling Nets, a class of nets that includes Extended Free-Choice Nets and Non Self-Controlling Nets. We develop some properties of this new class of nets and we propose polynomial algorithms whose application domain is wider than the domain of the previous algorithms.
Keywordsliveness deadlocks and traps
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- W. Reisig: Petri Nets. 2nd edition, Springer-Verlag, 1991.Google Scholar
- J. Esparza, M. Silva: A Polynomial-Time Algorithm to Decide Liveness of Bounded Free-Choice Nets. Theoretical Computer Science, ∘ 102, pp 185–205, 1992.Google Scholar
- K. Barkaoui, M. Minoux: A Polynomial-Time Graph Algorithm to Decide Liveness of Some Basic Classes of Bounded Petri Nets. In Application and Theory of Petri Nets 1992, LNCS n∘ 616, K. Jensen ed., Springer-Verlag, 1992, pp 62–75.Google Scholar
- K. Lautenbach, H. Ridder: Liveness in Bounded Petri Nets which Are Covered by T-Invariants. In Application and Theory of Petri Nets 1994, Zaragoza, Spain, June 1994, LNCS n∘ 815, R. Valette ed., Springer-Verlag, 1994, pp 358–375.Google Scholar
- P. Kemper, F. Bause: An Efficient Polynomial-Time Algorithm to Decide Liveness and Boundedness of Free-Choice Nets. In Application and Theory of Petri Nets 1992, LNCS n∘ 616, K. Jensen ed., Springer-Verlag, 1992, pp 263–278.Google Scholar
- J. Desel: A Proof of the Rank Theorem for Extended Free Choice Nets. In Application and Theory of Petri Nets 1992, LNCS n∘ 616, K. Jensen ed., Springer-Verlag, 1992, pp 134–153.Google Scholar
- F. Commoner: Deadlocks in Petri nets. In Applied Data Res. Inc., Wakefield, MA, 1972.Google Scholar
- K. Barkaoui, B. Lemaire: An Effective Chararcterization of Minimal Deadlocks and Traps Based on Graph Theory. Proc. of the 10th International Conference on Application and Theory of Petri Nets, Bonn, Germany, June 1989.Google Scholar
- W. Griese: Lebendigkeit in NSK Petri-Netzen. TU Muenchen Info n∘6, 1979.Google Scholar
- M. Minoux, K. Barkaoui: Deadlocks and traps in Petri net as Horn-satisfiability solutions and some related polynomially solvable problems. In Discrete Applied Mathematics n∘ 29, 1990.Google Scholar