Experiences in using the abstract machine notation in a GKS case study
This paper discusses the authors' experiences in re-engineering and subsequently refining part of a Z-style specification of the Graphics Kernel System using the Abstract Machine Notation as supported in the B Toolkit.
KeywordsProof Obligation Abstract Machine Rutherford Appleton Laboratory User Trial Attribute Machine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Ab94]J.-R. Abrial Assigning Programs to Meanings.Prentice-Hall, 1994 (to appear).Google Scholar
- [BM94]J.C. Bicarregui and B.M. Matthews Architecture for Structuring Proof. B User Trials project document BUT/RAL/BMM/11/vl. Rutherford Appleton Laboratory, 1994.Google Scholar
- [BR93]J.C. Bicarregui and B. Ritchie Invariants, Frames and Postconditions: A Comparison of the VDM and B Notations, in: J.C.P. Woodcock and P.G. Larsen (eds.), FME'93: Industrial-Strength Formal Methods. LNCS 670, Springer-Verlag, 1993.Google Scholar
- [DD92]D. A. Duce and L. B. Damnjanovic. Formal Specification in the Revision of GKS: An Illustrative Example. Computer Graphics Forum, 11(1):17–30, 1992.Google Scholar
- [DF87]D. A. Duce and E. V. C. Fielding. Formal Specification — A Comparison of Two Techniques. Computer Journal, 30(4):316–327, 1987.Google Scholar
- [DP91]D. A. Duce and F. Paterno. Formal Specification of a Graphics System in the Framework of the Computer Graphics Reference Model. Rutherford Appleton Laboratory technical report RAL-91-065, 1991.Google Scholar
- [ISO93]International Organisation for Standardization. Information technology — Computer graphics and image processing — Graphical Kernel System (GKS) Part 1: functional description (Draft International Standard), 1993.Google Scholar
- [HH94]H. Haughton The B Method Manual. B User Trials project document BUT/LLOYDS/HPH/8/V4. Lloyds Register, 1992.Google Scholar
- [LH94]K. Lano and H. Haughton Improving the Process of System Specification and Refinement in B. 6th Refinement Workshop, January 1994. (to appear in Springer Workshops in Computing series).Google Scholar
- [ND94]Ph. W. Nehlig and D. A. Duce. GKS-9x: The Design Output Primitive, an Approach to a Specification. Computer Graphics Forum, 13(3), 1994. Accepted for publication.Google Scholar