Specification and verification of controlled systems
We propose a conceptual framework to support specification, design and verification of programs controlling physical systems. We introduce a computational model that represents the controller capabilities and distinguishes between synchronous and phase transitions. A graphical system description language is proposed that we believe is readily accessible to control engineers. We formalize the notion of control strategy in controller design.
KeywordsController Design Controller Transition Product Graph Hybrid Variable Local Formula
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AL90]M. Abadi and L. Lamport. Composing specifications. In J.W. de Bakker, W.-P. de Roever, and G. Rozenberg, editors, Stepwise Refinement of Distributed Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 430, pages 1–41. Springer-Verlag, 1990.Google Scholar
- [Harel87]D. Harel. Statecharts: A visual Formalism for Complex Systems. Science of Computer Programming, 8, pages 231–274, 1987.Google Scholar
- [HMP93]T.A. Henzinger, and Z. Manna, and A. Pnueli. Towards Refining Temporal Specifications into Hybrid Systems. In R.L. Grossman, A. Nerode, A.P. Ravn, H. Rischel, editors, Hybrid Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 736, pages 60–76. Springer Verlag, 1993.Google Scholar
- [JLHM91]M.S. Jaffe, N.G. Leveson, M.P.E. Heimdahl, B.E. Melhart. Software Requirements Analysis for Real-Time Process-Control Systems. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering 17:3, pages 241–258, 1991.Google Scholar
- [KHMP94]A. Kapur, T.A. Henzinger, Z. Manna, A. Pnueli. Proving Safety Properties of Hybrid Systems This volume, 1994.Google Scholar
- [KP92]Y. Kesten, A. Pnueli. Timed and Hybrid Statecharts and their Textual Representation. In J.Vytopil, editor, Formal Techniques in Real-Time and Fault-Tolerant Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 571, pages 591–619, Springer Verlag, 1992.Google Scholar
- [MP93]Z. Manna, A. Pnueli. Models for reactivity. Acta Informatica, 30, pages 609–678, 1993.Google Scholar
- [MP94]Z. Manna, A. Pnueli. Temporal Verification of Reactive Systems. To be published by Springer Verlag, to appear 1994.Google Scholar
- [NK93]A. Nerode, W. Kohn. Models for Hybrid Systems: Automata, Topologies, Controllability, Observability. In R.L. Grossman, A. Nerode, A.P. Ravn, H. Rischel, editors, Hybrid Systems, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 736, pages 317–365. Springer Verlag, 1993.Google Scholar
- [Ostroff90]J.S. Ostroff. Temporal Logic of Real-Time Systems. Advanced Software Development Series, Research Studies Press (John Wiley & Sons), 1990.Google Scholar
- [RRH93]A.P. Ravn, H. Rischel, K.M. Hansen. Specifying and Verifying Requirements of Real-Time Systems. IEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 19, pages 41–55, 1993.Google Scholar
- [SM94]H.B. Sipma, Z. Manna. Interactive Design and Verification of Controlled Systems. In Hybrid Systems and Autonomous Control Workshop, to appear 1994.Google Scholar