Datatypes in L2
We describe the axiomatisation of a subset of Standard ML's datatypes in L2 (the LAMBDA Logic). The subset includes parameterisation and mutual recursion but has restrictions on the use of function type construction. We sketch a set-theoretic model for these datatypes. Finally, we briefly discuss the relationship between L2's datatypes and datatypes in HOL.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Matt Fairtlough, Research into ML Datatypes, in Formal System Design (IED Project 1292) Deliverable D13, Edinburgh University, February 1992.Google Scholar
- 2.Simon Finn, Michael P. Fourman, L2 — The LAMBDA Logic, in LAMBDA 4.3 Reference Manuals, Abstract Hardware Limited, September 1993.Google Scholar
- 3.Simon Finn, Michael Fourman, John Longley, Partial Functions in a Total Setting, in preparation.Google Scholar
- 4.M.P. Fourman and W.K. Phoa, A Proposed Categorical Semantics for Pure ML, in ICALP '92 International Colloquium on Automata, Languages, and Programming, Wien Austria, Springer-Verlag LNCS, 1993.Google Scholar
- 5.Elsa L. Gunter, Why We Can't have SML Style datatype Declarations in HOL, in Higher Order Logic Theorem Proving and its Applications (HOL'92), ed. L.J.M. Claessen, M.J.C. Gordon, North-Holland 1993.Google Scholar
- 6.Elsa L. Gunter, A Broader Class of Trees for Recursive Type definitions in HOL, in Higher Order Logic Theorem Proving and its Applications (HUG'93), ed. Jeffrey J. Joyce, Carl-Johan H. Seger, Lecture Notes in Computer Science 780, Springer-Verlag 1994.Google Scholar
- 7.Thomas F. Melham, Formalizing Abstraction Mechanisms for Hardware Verification in Higher Order Logic, PhD Thesis and Technical Report 201, University of Cambridge, August 1990.Google Scholar
- 8.Robin Milner, Mads Tofte and Robert Harper, The Definition of Standard ML, MIT Press, 1990.Google Scholar
- 9.Andy Pitts, Set-Theoretic Semantics, in The HOL System DESCRIPTION, HOL88 Documentation, 1991.Google Scholar