Computation of squares in a string
We design a linear time algorithm for computing a square substring from each position of a given string over a finite alphabet. The algorithm exploits several subtle properties of suffix trees for strings.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Apostolico and F. P. Preparata. Optimal off-line detection of repetitions in a string, Theoretical Computer Science, pages 297–315, 1983.Google Scholar
- W. L. Chang and E. L. Lawler. Approximate string matching in sublinear expected time. Proc. of 31st IEEE FOCS, pages 116–124, 1990.Google Scholar
- M. T. Chen and J. Seiferas. Efficient and elegant subword tree construction. In A. Apostolico and Z. Galil, editors, Combinatorial Algorithms on Words, pages 97–107. Springer-Verlag, 1985.Google Scholar
- M. Crochemore. An optimal algorithm for computing the repetitions in a word, Inf. Processing Letters 12, pages 244–250, 1981.Google Scholar
- M. Crochemore. Transducers and repetitions, Theoretical Computer Science, pages 63–86, 1986.Google Scholar
- M. G. Main and R. J. Lorentz. An O(n log n) algorithm for finding all repetitions in a string, J. of Algorithms, pages 422–432, 1984.Google Scholar
- M. G. Main and R. L. Lorentz. Linear time recognition of squarefree strings. In A. Apostolico and Z. Galil, editors, Combinatorial Algorithms on Words, pages 271–278, Springer-Verlag, 1985.Google Scholar
- [S]E. M. McCreight. A space-economical suffix tree construction algorithm. J. of ACM, pages 262–272, 1976.Google Scholar
- M. O. Rabin. Discovering repetitions in strings. In A. Apostolico and Z. Galil. editors, Combinatorial Algorithms on Words, pages 279–288. Springer-Verlag, 1985.Google Scholar
- J. Seiferas. Subword trees, Class Notes, February 1977.Google Scholar
- A. O. Slisenko. Detection of periodicities and string-matching in real time. J. of Soviet Mathematics, pages 1316–1386. 1983.Google Scholar
- P. Weiner. Linear pattern matching algorithms. Proc. of 14th IEEE Symp. on Switching & Automata Theory, pages 1–11, 1973.Google Scholar