Schema equivalence in heterogeneous systems: Bridging theory and practice
Part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science book series (LNCS, volume 779)
KeywordsRelational Schema Information Capacity Schema Transformation Edge Deletion Instance Mapping
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.S. Abiteboul and R. Hull. Restructuring Hierarchical Database Objects. Theoretical Computer Science, 62:3–38, 1988.Google Scholar
- 2.J. Albert, R. Ahmed, M. A. Ketabchi, W. Kent, and M. C. Shan. Automatic Importation of Relational Schemas in Pegasus. In Proc. of the 3rd Int'l Workshop on Research Issues in Data Eng.: Interoperability in Multidatabase Systems, pages 105–113, Vienna, Austria, Apr. 1993.Google Scholar
- 3.C. F. Eick. A Methodology for the Design and Transformation of Conceptual Schemas. In Proc. of the Int'l Conf. on Very Large Data Bases, pages 25–34, Barcelona, Spain, Sept. 1991.Google Scholar
- 4.R. Hull. Relative Information Capacity of Simple Relational Database Schemata. SIAM Journal of Computing, 15(3):856–886, Aug. 1986.Google Scholar
- 5.R. Hull and C. K. Yap. The Format Model: A Theory of Database Organization. Journal of the ACM, 31(3):518–537, 1984.Google Scholar
- 6.L. A. Kalinichenko. Methods and Tools for Equivalent Data Model Mapping Construction. In Proc. of the Int'l Conf. on Extending Database Technology, pages 92–119, Venice, Italy, Mar. 1990.Google Scholar
- 7.V. M. Markowitz and A. Shoshani. Representing Extended Entity-Relationship Structures in Relational Databases: A Modular Approach. ACM Transactions on Database Systems, 17(3):423–464, Sept. 1992.Google Scholar
- 8.R. J. Miller, Y. E. Ioannidis, and R. Ramakrishnan. Schema Equivalence in Heterogeneous Systems: Bridging Theory and Practice. To appear in: Information Systems, 19, 1994.Google Scholar
- 9.A. Rosenthal and D. Reiner. Theoretically Sound Transformations for Practical Database Design. In Proc. of the Int'l Conf. on Entity-Relationship Approach, pages 115–131, New York, NY, Nov. 1987.Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag Berlin Heidelberg 1994