Combined evaluation of motion and disparity vector fields for stereoscopic sequence coding
Efficient, disparity and motion compensated compression techniques are necessary for the transmission of 3DTV signals. Stereo vision geometry imposes certain coherence constraints between vector fields. The method proposed in this paper uses such a constraint in an effort to jointly optimize the four vectors involved in it. Both a candidate testing algorithm and a gradient-based method are tested for the optimization.
KeywordsVector Field Stereo Pair Smoothness Term Disparity Field Disparity Vector
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A.N. Netravali, B.G. Haskell Digital pictures: representation and compression, Plenum Press, 1988.Google Scholar
- 2.B.K. Horn Robot vision, M.I.T Press, 1986.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Tamtaoui, C. Labit “Constrained disparity and motion estimators for 3DTV image sequence coding” Image communication, Vol 4 No 1, November 1991, pp 45–54.Google Scholar
- 4.A. Tamtaoui, C. Labit “Constrained motion estimators for 3DTV sequence coding”, EUSIPCO '92, pp 1291–1294.Google Scholar
- 5.Stiller C., “Motion-Estimation for Coding of Moving Video at 8kbit/s with Gibbs Modeled Vector field Smoothing”, Visual Communications and Image Processing '90, SPIE vol. 1360, pp. 468–476.Google Scholar