Randomized interpolation and approximation of sparse polynomials stPreliminary version
We present a randomized algorithm that interpolates a sparse polynomial in polynomial time in the bit complexity model. The algorithm can be also applied to approximate polynomials that can be approximated by sparse polynomials (the approximation is in the L2 norm).
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [BOT88]M. Ben-Or and P. Tiwari. A deterministic algorithm for sparse multivaiiate polynomial interpolation. In Proceedings of the 20th Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, pages 301–309, May 1988.Google Scholar
- [GK87]D. Y. Grigoriev and M. Karpinski. The matching problem for bipartite graphs with polynomially bounded permanents is in nc. In 28th Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, Los Angeles, California, pages 166–172, October 1987.Google Scholar
- [GKS88]D, Y. Grigoriev, M. Karpinski, and M. Singer. Fast parallel algorithms for sparse multivariate polynomial interpolation over finite fields. Technical Report Research report no. 8523-CS, University of Bonn, 1988. to appear in Siam J. on Comp.Google Scholar
- [GKS90]D. Y. Grigoriev, M. Karpinski, and M. Singer. Interpolation of sparse rational functions without knowing bounds on exponents. In 31th Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, St. Louis, pages 840–846, October 1990.Google Scholar
- [GL89]O. Goldreich and L. Levin. A hard-core predicate for all one-way functions. In Proc. 21 st ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, pages 25–32. ACM, 1989.Google Scholar
- [Kar89]M. Karpinski. Boolean circuit complexity of algebraic interpolation problems. Technical Report TR-89-027, ICSI, 1989.Google Scholar
- [KM91]Eyal Kushilevitz and Yishay Mansour. Learning decision trees using the fourier spectrum. In Proceedings of STOC '91, pages 455–464, may 1991.Google Scholar
- [Zip79]R. E. Zippel. Probabilistic algorithms for sparse polynomials. In EUROSAM, pages 216–226. Springer Lecture notes in computer science, vol. 72, 1979.Google Scholar