Error diagnosis in finite communicating systems
We present an error diagnosis method for parallel communicating systems with branching temporal specifications. Verification is done by model checking on the finite graph of the executions. We consider errors whose diagnostics are sequences of the graph. We define a minimality criterium for the diagnostics such that a finite number of minimal diagnostics give all the reasons of the error. Diagnostics are produced in a simplified form according to a given abstraction. We define an equivalence on models which preserves the simplified diagnostics.
KeywordsModel Check Mutual Exclusion Visible Action Propositional Variable Execution Sequence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AL88]M. Abadi and L. Lamport. The existence of refinement mappings. SRC 29, Digital Equipment Corporation, August 1988.Google Scholar
- [Arn89]A. Arnold. MEC: a System for Constructing and Analysing Transition Systems. In Proceedings Workshop on Automatic Verification Methods for Finite State Systems, Grenoble, France, 1989.Google Scholar
- [CES83]E. Clarke, E. A. Emerson, and A. P. Sistla. Automatic Verification of Finite State Concurrent Systems using Temporal Logic. In 10th Annual Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, ACM, 1983.Google Scholar
- [CR79]Ernest Chang and Rosemary Roberts. An Improved Algorithm for Decentralized Extrema-Finding in Circular Configurations of Processes. Communications of the ACM, 22(5):281–283, may 1979.Google Scholar
- [EC82]E.A. Emerson and E.M. Clarke. Using branching time logic to synthtize synchronization skeletons. In Sci. Comput. Programming. Volume 2, 1982.Google Scholar
- [GS90]Hubert Caravel and Joseph Sifakis. Compilation and Verification of LOTOS Specifications. In L. Logrippo, R. L. Probert, and H. Ural, editors, Proceedings of the 10th International Symposium on Protocol Specification, Testing and Verification (Ottawa, Canada), IFIP, North-Holland, Amsterdam, June 1990.Google Scholar
- [Pnu86]A. Pnueli. Specification and Development in Reactive Systems. In Conf IFIP 86, North-Holland, 1986.Google Scholar
- [Ras90]Anne Rasse. CLEO: diagnostic des erreurs en XESAR. Thèse de Doctorat, Institut National Polytechnique de Grenoble, June 1990.Google Scholar
- [RRSV87]Jean-Luc Richier, Carlos Rodríguez, Joseph Sifakis, and Jacques Voiron. Verification in XESAR of the Sliding Window Protocol. In Harry Rudin and Colin H. West, editors, Proceedings of the 7th International Symposium on Protocol Specification, Testing and Verification (Zurich), IFIP, North-Holland, May 1987.Google Scholar