A model of information sharing for fault-tolerant flexible manufacturing systems
- First Online:
It is extremely important for a Flexible Manufacturing System (FMS) to have the ability to recover errors or failures automatically since an FMS is error-prone, and it is usually a complex and large-scale system consisting of multi-cells and multi-stages of work centers. We hereby propose a formal FMS information model and formulate an approach to automatic error-recovery in the FMS based on information sharing among different work stations.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Asama, H., et al, “Functional distribution among multiple mobile robots in an autonomous and decentralized robot system”, in Proceedings of the 1991 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, IEEE, 1991, 1921–1926Google Scholar
- Beni, G., Wang, J., “Theoretical problems for the realization of distributed robotic systems”, in Proceedings of the 1991 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, IEEE, 1991, 1914–1920Google Scholar
- Chang, S., DiCesare, F., Goldbogen, G., “Evaluation of diagnosability of failure knowledge in manufacturing systems”, in Proceedings of the 1990 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, IEEE, 1990, 696–701Google Scholar
- Fukada, T., Kawauchi, Y., Hara, F., “Dynamic distributed knowledge system in self-organizing robotic system; CEBOT”, in Proceedings of the 1991 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, IEEE, 1991, 1908–1913Google Scholar
- Lee, M., Intelligent Robotics, Open University Press Robotics Series, 1989.Google Scholar
- Maimon, O., Gershwin, S., “Dynamic scheduling and routing for flexible manufacturing systems that have unreliable machines”, in Proceedings of the 1987 IEEE International Conference on Robotics and Automation, IEEE, 1987, 281–288Google Scholar
- Maitan, J., Ras, Z.W., Zemankova, M., “Query handling and learning in a distributed intelligent system”, in Methodologies for Intelligent Systems, 4, (ed. Z.W. Ras), North Holland, 1989, 118–127Google Scholar
- Marek, W., Pawlak, Z., “Information storage and retrieval systems: mathematical foundations”, in Theoreti. Comptr. Sci., No. 1, 1976, 331–354Google Scholar
- Ras, Z.W., “Fault-recovery and intelligent distributed systems”, in the Proceedings of ISMVL'90 in Charlotte, N.C., IEEE Computer Society Press, 1990, 372–377Google Scholar
- Ras, Z.W., Zemankova, M., “Intelligent query processing in distributed information systems”, in Intelligent Systems, state of the art and future directions, (eds. Z.W. Ras and M. Zemankova), Ellis Horwood Series in Artificial Intelligence, 1990, 357–370Google Scholar