Informatization and restructuring of Soviet society
The paper analyzes the essence of informatization as the crucial factor of an all-round scientific and technological change, and determines ways of the USSR's development in new conditions and especially reforms of social relations and national economic management system. Informatization is viewed as development of an informational infrastructure of society providing for the use of information as a national resource. The current state-of-the-art and trends in informatization hardware development in the USSR are briefly reviewed. Principles of informatization management in the USSR are formulated and conditions for their implementation are analyzed.
KeywordsInformation Society Socialist Economy Computer System Economic Mechanism Informatization Management
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Good87]S.E. Goodman. The information technology and Soviet society, Problems and prospects. IEFF transactions on systems, Man and cybernetics, v.SMC-17,No4, 1987.Google Scholar
- [Kozo82]Kozo-Sygiyama. Towards development of a framework for information and technology based innovation. 3C-technological innovation. IIASA, Luxenburg, Austria, 1982.Google Scholar
- [Prav88]Pravda. Moscow. No 173, June 25, 1988.Google Scholar
- [Reev71]R.M. Reeve. The industrial revolution 1750–1850. London, 1971.Google Scholar
- [TsCh85]M.S. Tsalenko, D.S. Chereshkin. The role of new informatization technologies in the scientific and technological progress. Moscow, VNIISI, 1985.Google Scholar