Automatic generation of FORTRAN-Coded Jacobians and Hessians
A package for automatically generating efficient (FORTRAN) code for calculating Jacobians and Hessians is presented. It is meant as an extension to the symbolic-numeric interface of REDUCE. GENTRAN and the code optimizer prove to be a powerful combination. GENTRAN, a code GENeration and TRANslation package, is both used for translating Lisp code into FORTRAN and for template processing. The code optimizer is used for locally optimizing the generated code.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Aho A.V., R. Sethi, J.D. Ullman, Compilers Principles, Techniques, and Tools. Addison-Wesley, Reading, Mass., 1986.Google Scholar
- Gates, B.L., "An Automatic Code Generation Facility for REDUCE". SYMSAC Proceedings '86, B.W. Char (ed), Waterloo, July 21–23, 1986.Google Scholar
- Hearn, A.C. (ed), REDUCE User's Manual, Version 3.2. The Rand Corporation, Santa Monica, California. April 1984.Google Scholar
- Heam, A.C., "Optimal Evaluation of Algebraic Expressions". Proceedings AAECC-3, J. Calmet (ed), Springer LNCS Series 229, pp392–403, Springer, Heidelberg. 1986.Google Scholar
- Marti, J.B., A.C. Hearn, M.L. Griss, C. Griss, Standard Lisp Report. University of Utah, August 1978.Google Scholar
- NAG FORTRAN Library Manual Mark 11. Numerical Algorithms Group, Oxford, 1984.Google Scholar
- van den Heuvel, P., "Adding Statements of REDUCE". ACM SIGSAM Bulletin 20,1/2, pp 8–14, 1986.Google Scholar
- van den Heuvel, P., Aspects of Program Generation related to Automatic Differentiation. Master's Thesis, University of Twente, Department of Computer Science, Enschede, The Netherlands, December 1986.Google Scholar
- van Hulzen, J.A., "Code Optimization Of Multivariate Schemes: A Pragmatic Approach", Proceedings EUROCAL '83, J.A. van Hulzen (ed.), Springer LNCS-series 162, pp 286–300, Springer, Heidelberg, 1983.Google Scholar
- van Hulzen, J.A., Program Generation Aspects of the Symbolic-Numeric Interface. Memorandum INF-85-25, Twente University of Technology, Department of Computer Science, Enschede, The Netherlands, November 1985.Google Scholar
- Wang, P.S., T.Y.P. Chang, J.A. van Hulzen, "Code Generation and Optimization for Finite Element Analysis", EUROCAM '84 Proceedings, J.P. Fitch (ed.). Springer LNCS series 174, pp. 237–247. Springer, July 1984.Google Scholar