Integration: Solving the Risch differential equation
We describe the first complete implementation of Davenport's algorithm [Davenport86] for the solution of the Risch differential equation. Our code forms part of a new integration package written in REDUCE which operates over algebraic number fields.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [Davenport82]J H Davenport, “The Parallel Risch Algorithm (I),” Proc. EUROCAM 82, LNCS 144(1982), alsoGoogle Scholar
- [Davenport85]J H Davenport, and B M Trager, “On the Parallel Risch Algorithm (II),” ACM ToMS, 11(4) (Dec 1985).Google Scholar
- [Davenport86]J H Davenport, “The Risch Differential Equation Problem,” SIAM J Comp., 15(4) (Nov 1986).Google Scholar
- [Fitch81]J P Fitch, “User Based Integration Software,” Proc. 1981 ACM SYMSAC(Snowbird), (1981).Google Scholar
- [Risch69]R H Risch, “The Problem of Integration in Finite Terms,” Trans. AMS, #139 (1969).Google Scholar
- [Rothstein79]M Rothstein, and B F Caviness, “A Structure Theorem for Exponential and Primitive Functions,” SIAM J Comp., 8(3) (Aug 1979)Google Scholar