Behavior analysis of object-oriented databases: Method structure, execution trees, and reachability
A theoretical model for analyzing the behavior of method execution in object-oriented databases (OODBs) is introduced and used to study issues of reachability, nontermination, and well-typedness in the context of restricted classes of OODBs.
KeywordsExpressive Power Method Call Retrieval Schema Restricted Classis Method Implementation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- [AH87]T. Andrews and C. Harris. Combining language and database advances in an object-oriented development environment. In Proc. Conf. on Object-oriented Programming Systems, Languages and Applications, pages 430–440, 1987.Google Scholar
- [BCG87]J. Banerjee, H.-T. Chou, J.F. Garza, W. Kim, D. Woelk, and N. Ballou. Data model issues for object-oriented applications. ACM Trans. on Office Information Systems, 5(1):3–26, January 1987.Google Scholar
- [FBC87]D. H. Fishman, D. Beech, H. P. Cate, E.C. Chow, et al. Iris: An object-oriented database management system. ACM Trans. on Office Information Systems, 5(1):48–69, January 1987.Google Scholar
- [GR83]A. Goldberg and D. Robson. Smalltalk-80: The Language and its Implementation. Addison-Wesley, Reading, MA, 1983.Google Scholar
- [HK87]R. Hull and R. King. Semantic database modeling: Survey, applications, and research issues. ACM Computing Surveys, 19(3):201–260, September 1987.Google Scholar
- [HS89a]R. Hull and J. Su. On accessing object-oriented databases: Expressive power, complexity, and restrictions (extended abstract). In Proc. ACM SIGMOD Symp. on the Management of Data, June 1989, to appear.Google Scholar
- [HS89b]R. Hull and J. Su. Untyped sets, invention, and computable queries. In Proc. ACM Symp. on Principles of Database Systems, March 1989. to appear.Google Scholar
- [LRV88]C. Lecluse, P. Richard, and F. Velez. O2: An object-oriented formal data model. In Proc. ACM SIGMOD Symp. on the Management of Data, Chicago, June 1988.Google Scholar
- [PSM87]Alan Purdy, Bruce Schuchardt, and David Maier. Integrating an object server with other worlds. ACM Trans. on Office Information Systems, 5(1):27–47, January 1987.Google Scholar
- [TY88]K. Tanaka and M. Yoshikawa. Towards abstracting complex database objects: Generalization, reduction and unification of set-type objects (extended abstract). In em Proc. 2nd Intl. Conf. on Database Theory; Lecture Notes in Computer Science, vol. 326, pages 252–266, 1988.Google Scholar