Disjoint Paths in Expander Graphs via Random Walks: a Short Survey
There has been a significant amount of research lately on solving the edge disjoint path and related problems on expander graphs. We review the random walk approach of Broder, Frieze and Upfal.
KeywordsRandom Walk Random Graph Disjoint Path Expansion Property Expander Graph
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Z. Broder, A.M. Frieze and E. Upfal, Existence and construction of edge low congestion paths on expander graphs, Proceedings of the 29th Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, (1997) 531–539.Google Scholar
- A. Z. Broder, A. M. Frieze, S. Suen and E. Upfal, Optimal construction of edge disjoint paths in random graphs, Proceedings of 4th Annual Symposium on Discrete Algorithms, (1994) 603–612.Google Scholar
- A. Z. Broder, A. M. Frieze, S. Suen and E. Upfal, An efficient algorithm for the vertex-disjoint paths problem in random graphs, Proceedings of 6th Annual Symposium on Discrete Algorithms, (1996) 261–268.Google Scholar
- P. Erdös and L. Lovász, Problems and results on 3-chromatic hypergraphs and some related questions, In A. Hajnal et al., editors, Infinite and Finite Sets, Volume 11 of Colloq. Math. Soc. J. Bolyai (1975)609–627.Google Scholar
- A. Frank, Packing paths, cuts and circuits-a survey, in Paths, Flows and VLSI Layout, B. Korte, L. Lovász, H. J. Prömel and A. Schrijver Eds., Springer-Verlag, 1990.Google Scholar
- A. M. Frieze and M. Molloy, Splitting expanders.Google Scholar
- A. M. Frieze and L. Zhao, Edge disjoint paths in random regular graphs.Google Scholar
- J. Kleinberg and R. Rubinfeld, Short paths in expander graphs, Proceedings of the 37th Annual IEEE Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, (1996) 86–95.Google Scholar
- T. Leighton and S. Rao, Circuit switching: amulticommodity flowbased approach, Proceedings of a Workshop on Randomized Parallel Computing 1996.Google Scholar
- T. Leighton, S. Rao and A. Srinivasan, Multi-commodity flow and circuit switching, Proceedings of the Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 1998.Google Scholar
- T. Leighton, S. Rao and A. Srinivasan, New algorithmic aspects of the local lemma with applications to partitioning and routing.Google Scholar
- N. Robertson and P.D. Seymour, Graph minors-XIII: The disjoint paths problem.Google Scholar