Rapid Prototyping of Domain-Specific Machine Translation Systems
This paper reports on an experiment in assembling a domain-specific machine translation prototype system from off-the-shelf components. The design goals of this experiment were to reuse existing components, to use machine-learning techniques for parser specialization and for transfer lexicon extraction, and to use an expressive, lexicalized formalism for the transfer component.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Collins, M. (1996). A new statistical parser based on bigram lexical dependencies. In Proceedings of the 34th Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics, Santa Cruz, CA.Google Scholar
- Joshi, A.K. and Srinivas, B. (1994). Disambiguation of Super Parts of Speech (or Supertags): Almost Parsing. In Proceedings of the 17 th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING’ 94), Kyoto, Japan.Google Scholar
- Lavoie, B. and Rambow, O. (1997). RealPro-a fast, portable sentence realizer. In Proceedings of the Conference on Applied Natural Language Processing (ANLP’97), Washington, DC.Google Scholar
- Melamed, I.D. (July, 1997). Automatic Discovery of Non-Compositional Compounds in Parallel Data. In Proceedings of the ACL-97, Madrid, Spain.Google Scholar
- Mel’čuk, I. A. (1988). Dependency Syntax: Theory and Practice. State University of New York Press, New York.Google Scholar
- Nasr, A., Rambow, O., Palmer, M., and Rosenzweig, J. (1997). Enriching lexical transfer with cross-linguistic semantic features. In Proceedings of the Interlingua Workshop at the MT Summit, San Diego, California.Google Scholar
- Rambow, O. and Joshi, A. (1996). A formal look at dependency grammars and phrase-structure grammars, with special consideration of word-order phenomena. In Wanner, L., editor, Current Issues in Meaning-Text Theory. Pinter, London.Google Scholar
- Rambow, O., Nasr, A., Palmer, M., Bleam, T., Collins, M., Kipper, K., Melamed, D., Park, J., Rosenzweig, J., Schuler, W., and Srinivas, B. (1997). Machine translation of battlefield messages using lexico-structural transfer. Technical report, CoGenTex, Inc.Google Scholar
- Resnik, P. and Melamed, I. D. (1997). Semi-Automatic Acquisition of Domain-Specific Translation Lexicons. In Proceedings of the ANLP-97, Washington, D.C.Google Scholar
- Srinivas, B. (1997). Complexity of Lexical Descriptions and its Relevance to Partial Parsing. PhD thesis, Computer Science Department, University of Pennsylvania.Google Scholar