Classifying Discrete Temporal Properties
This paper surveys recent results on the classification of discrete temporal properties, gives an introduction to the methods that have been developed to obtain them, and explains the connections to the theory of finite automata, the theory of finite semigroups, and to first-order logic.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Kousha Etessami, Moshe Y. Vardi, and Thomas Wilke. First-order logic with two variables and unary temporal logic. In Proceedings 12th Annual IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science, pages 228–235, Warsaw, Poland, 1997.Google Scholar
- 3.Kousha Etessami and Thomas Wilke. An until hierarchy for temporal logic. In Proceedings 11th Annual IEEE Symposium on Logic in Computer Science, pages 108–117, New Brunswick, N.J., 1996.Google Scholar
- 4.Dov M. Gabbay, Amir Pnueli, Saharon Shelah, and Jonathan Stavi. On the temporal analysis of fairness. In Conference Record of the 12th ACM Symposium on Principles of Programming Languages, pages 163–173, Las Vegas, Nev., 1980.Google Scholar
- 5.JohanAnthonyWillem Kamp. Tense Logic and the Theory of Linear Order. PhD thesis, University of California, Los Angeles, Calif., 1968.Google Scholar
- 8.Oded Maler. Finite Automata: Infinite Behavior, Learnability and Decomposition. PhD thesis, The Weizmann Institute of Science, Rehovot, Israel, 1990.Google Scholar
- 14.Denis Thérien and Thomas Wilke. Temporal logic and semidirect products: An effective characterization of the until hierarchy. In Proceedings of the 37th Annual Symposium on Foundations of Computer Science, pages 256–263, Burlington, Vermont, 1996.Google Scholar
- 15.Denis Thérien and Thomas Wilke. Temporal logic and semidirect products: An effective characterization of the until hierarchy. Technical report 96-28, DIMACS, Piscataway, N.J., 1996.Google Scholar
- 16.Denis Thérien and Thomas Wilke. Over words, two variables are as powerful as one quantifier alternation: In Proceedings of the Thirtieth Annual ACM Symposium on Theory of Computing, pages 41–47, Dallas, Texas, 1998.Google Scholar
- 17.Thomas Wilke. Classifying discrete temporal properties. Habilitationsschrift (postdoctoral thesis), Kiel, Germany, 1998.Google Scholar